F1 versus MotoGP

Fat Albert

Calm down its only a commercial..........

I like all combustion engine powered racing - two or four wheels - Am i sitting on the fence - Definitely not - I agree with Mr8 Rallycross is King - Just a bit ruddy difficult in a westy :p

You should have been a Diplomat Hurdsey

feckoff  ;)

F1 is the ultimate in bore factor these days.The only races I watch now are Monte and Silverstone. They took one of the best circuits away from the calendar and thats Spa.

F1  hasn't been good since the mid 90's.Its amazing when you hear  James Allan last sunday saying " who says there's no overtaking in F1!" His brain must be so numb from bordem, he can't remember the last 10 rounds. The over taking was only caused by an irregular race.plus its 1 race out of 17.

Although there's no overtaking at Monte its the whole tradition of the place as is with Silverstone. My F1 watching is down to the build up,1st 5 laps then switch over until you get to around lap 23 then switch back and watch the pit action, do the same again and come back about lap 45.Then do something else until the last 3 laps.

I thought sundays coverage was a bit weak it seemed when something exciting( :D ) was about to happen they'ed move shots to something else, even when the 'muppet paddy' ran down hanger striaght they went to a commercial break which is another soar point they'ed never go to a commercial break in the middle of a football or rugby game. :0

I must agree with the guys about Moto GP its abosoultely fantastic entertainment. Rossi is something else when you see the man come out of Copse over steering on full throttle at 90mph, then do a wheelie over the finish line... well say no more!

Moto GP is more down to earth,F1  is the old boys club its too stale,too old fart,too professional and completely out of touch with its audience.

I would imagine if Montoya did a dough-nut after winning a racing, he'd have a hefty fine, banned from the next race, 200 championship points deducted and flogged with the 'cat of nine tails' at the next drivers briefing!The only decent 4 wheel racing on TV is the TVR Tuscans, F3 and dare I say it Caterham R400's.Even the BTCC is drab and the British GT is getting that way.

F1, bring back the 80's when F1 was for men not femine corporate puppets (except Montoya of course!;):0:(

Roman Spyderlegs

Get off that fence  :D  :devil:  :D  :D

I enjoyed Silverstone cos it was an eventful race.....but it was only cos of the "events" that there was so much overtaking, making it good to watch.

I thought the coverage was poor - its controlled centrally these days isn't it? However, they were bound to cut away as fast as possible when said idiot decided to do his stuff......150mph collision with a pedestrian on live TV...???? I think not!

The best televised motorsport I have watched was the early years of the Touring Cars - Sierra Cossies etc, plenty of action and real racing. And for the same reason The Bathurst Classic.

All IMHO of course!!

Agree wholeheartedly with that. It was a good race, but it was made good by artificial means, which is what the FIA has been trying to do by fiddling with the rules for years.....I don't think that the "overtaking" had anything to do with what might be regarded as a "normal" F1 race. Sadly, it seems they're having a cheap go at trying to win back viewers/punters by sensationalising a totally artificial situation, which won't work with any moderately intelligent F1 fan, IMO..........

And a big  :t-up:  to the eighties Touring Cars too. 4 classes in one race, and more "racing" in one season than I've seen in F1 for the last 10.........

The best televised motorsport I have watched was the early years of the Touring Cars - Sierra Cossies etc,

If you were a little bit older you might remember Special Saloon racing in the late sixties / early seventies, twin cam Anglias, Morris 1000s with 3.8 jag engines, A40s with 1000cc F3 screamers, Tony Lanfranchi, Gerry Marshal, (baby bertha) Peter Baldwin, Dave Brodie, Dave Mathews and Nick Whiting If you've ever watched those guys going round the old Knickerbrook at Oulton Park then you've seen proper racing (oh sh*t am I going on a bit here) I think I'd better Run Baby Run :D

Tony Lanfranchi, Gerry Marshal, (baby bertha) Peter Baldwin, Dave Brodie, Dave Mathews and Nick Whiting

Actually I do remember Gerry Marshall in a Vx Firenza.... but I was very young......... :blush:  :D