F1 versus MotoGP

Fat Albert

Circuit      Length  MotoGP    F1

mile      mph     mph

Barcelona   2.9       100      139

Monza        3.6       120      153

Suzuka       3.6       105      139

Average speed of F1 cars is between 30%-40% faster but top speeds are similar

The Becketts complex at Silverstone takes TWICE as long on a superbike as compared to an F1

Its no wonder there's more overtaking on the bikes, they have FOUR times the braking distance

And as for team orders, can't remember the last time I saw a Grand Prix leader gaining 1 to 2 seconds per lap, every lap at the end of a race like Rossi does at any time he wants to.

MotoGP and Superbikes remind me of Saturday afternoons in front of the box with Kent Walker watching Big Daddy, the show's great but we all know the result before we sit down.

F1 might be boring at times, Ferrari might 'interpret' the rules differently from everone else at times, Bernie might have lost the plot at times but at least WYSIWYG.

Gets Carbon Re-inforced Coat and exits stage right  :p  :p  ;)

Seconded, don't tell me F1 is boring, yep it's had its problems but what sport hasn't. Seeing an F1 car change direction through Beckets flat is awesome :devil:

You'll see more overtaking on the first lap of World Superbike than in an entire season of F1 Grand danglers  :0  :devil:

If it hadn't been for yesterdays race, no-one would be saying F1 is better to watch than MotoGP.

How easily everyone forgets the 2001 and 2002 seasons.

Austria 2001 and US GP 2002, did you get what you saw?

DC

Two wheels good, four wheels bad, no contest, Moto GP and Superbikes win everytime over F1.

However, if you want excellent fast, b***s out racing, no whimpy padding and protection, no whinging if it rains, more miles in one race than a whole season of F1/GP/WSB, then the Tour de France beats the lot.  Those guys are the dogs doodahs.

It was Kent Walton, by the way. (Bid Daddy, Giant Haystacks and my favourite, Kendo Nagasaki)

people say that F1 is boring & that Moto GP & superbikes are better bu they tend to use tracks which were designed for cars therefore bikes can get 4 or 5 abreast through corners. They don't rely on down force to achieve high speed cornering etc .Try racing your Moto GP on a track the size of a public footpath & you won't see much overtaking.

Also how many bikes are in races, there seems to be about as many works teams as privateers, where as in F1 you've permanantly got Minardi at the back Jordan, Sauber, B.A.R  & 1 jaguar ( Hopefully this will change now) in the mid field & ferrari , Williams, Renault & Mc laren at the front.

Bike races are just sprint events & don't seem to have too much in the way of tactics, other than go as fast as possible from the start to the end. Bike racing should be longer & have pitstops for refuelling & tyre changes.

Are they going to f*ck about with the rules of WSB because hodgson has a huge lead & was being very dominant??? :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :D

I want to watch an event where the competitors make the biggest difference, not the machinery, not the tyres, not the pit crew and not the strategy.

If that event is conducted on two wheels or four I care not one bit.  You get some good grand prixs, but lots of dull ones.  You get some good super bike / Moto GP races, but also some dull ones.  You get interesting rallies, but also some dull ones.

Personally I've found some of the most enjoyable racing to watch has been things like Minis, Caterhams and Rallycross, oddly enough all at Brands Hatch.

So maybe it's not so much the series, as the venues which determine whether a race will be worth watching ??

Actually, I'm going to add one other event to the list - Le Mans.  I must admit I enjoy that equally from a technical point of view, the overall atmosphere of the event and also because it features some of the best drivers and racing of all the events I've been to.

The reason there is more overtaking in Bike racing, as I've said, is because the're going so SLOWLY round the corners

Thruxton Apr 19th Michael Rutter, 1:14.7, Ducati Superbike

Thruxton Apr 24th Oliver Jarvis, 1:16.2, FORMULA FORD

Get a life  :p  :p  :D  :D  ;)

I was out on a bike while silverstone was on but I must say I enjoyed the highlights in the evening.  Maybe just showing a condensed version is the way foward thus avoid the 70% bore.

As for bikes versus f1, the cornering speed and change of direction is superb on f1 but if I hear again about dirty air causing the lack of overtaking Im going to puke, though I guess its true :sheep:  I must admit the bike racing does it for me now even though I have been a loyal fan for years on the f1 :(

Horses for courses here guys,

I've always maintained that you cant beat a good clubbie at Oulton Park especially when its raining  :0

But I just love GP racing, havent missed a live GP in this country since 76' usually for the 3 days,qualifying and all the craick on the campsites, I also like to watch the bikes on the telly those guys are just amazing, what about the TT on the Isle of Man one bike at a time so very little overtaking but for entertainment you cant beat it, we aint all going to agree on this one some like bikes, some like cars, some like circuit racing, some like sprints/hillclimbs.