Thinking of selling my baby!

gadrego

Get the locking boot box lid and sit them in there :). It even opens the right way :D. You'd probably get two in depending on their ages!  :0

Andy

qadrego- sory to hear about the redundacy.  but it can work out well!!

I know your a process engineer in newcastle (as am I).  I was almost made redundant last year when the company i was working for got bought by another.  I ended up jumping from the new company (cos they were a bunch of ******s).  I had a new job within a fortnight.  My advice would be dont be hasty.

Get in touch with Nigel Wright Associates - from mine (and a lot of others) experience they are very good.  If the payout isnt a lot jump before you are pushed.

as for tin top vs. westy - i run about in a rusty sierra that cost me 75 quid, has lasted 10,000+miles and been virtually trouble for 9 months.  i still have fun driving it cos it is very hairy on the limits  :devil:

if you want a fast (plus cheap to insure) tin top buy a mk1 MR2.  

If you want any advice about finding process engineering jobs in the north east then drop me an email (im on my fifth company) - i might be able to help.  

Mike

Get the locking boot box lid and sit them in there ... You'd probably get two in

Getting two in would be dead handy, but can I fit a locking boot box lid to a pre-lit?

OTOH there is the concurrent thread about trailers...  

... and I've got a bicycle trailer at home which the kids can sit in... and it isn't v.heavy... and has a simple bolt fixing... could probably bolt it onto the bottom of the spare wheel carrier...

Problem solved!   :devil:  :D

OiOi, you have PM

Think I'm trying to talk myself out of selling her.  Taking it on a disused airfield at the weekend which might well change my mind about selling her.

b.t.w does anyone know of a fitment for attaching a child seat to the spare wheel carrier?

Just cable tie them direct to the roll bar :devil:  :devil:

David

dont sell it.

i had a 1964 1/2 Mustang years ago that i started doing up.

eventually ran out of money, held onto it for a while eventually sold it. three days after i sold it got my first job driving wagons, how p******** off was i ? loads of money and no car to spend it on

:sheep:  :durr:  :sheep:  :durr:

Err, Why did my last post come up looking like that.  Does it appear to everybody else with a big blue border around it?

Trying to talk myself out of selling the Westy.  We'll see.  MOT due tommorrow.  Fingers crossed.

I know that this sounds really crap but bear with me......

I have just got a 80k mile N plate Rover 216Si (2 kids forced the 4 door option)

It's a reasonable "Family Car"

I've added a set of Eibach progressive springs and a reasonably priced set of 15" alloys.

Total cost £1600.

It handles well now has all the latest saftey gear and is quick enough fot the family hack.

I'd expect it to be reliable as I do a lot of miles.

If the Golf is worth 8k flog it, spend 2k on a reasonable "family" hack and keep the Westy.

It's a no brainer really.

I've owned  loads of "bangers" (XR3i ,XR2i, XR2, 2CV, lots of Minis ect ect) all high milage and none of them un-reliable.

The point is that if you compromise on the "Family" car (ie get a cheap one under 2K) you can keep the Westfield  ;)  ;)  ;)  :)  :)  :)  :D  :D  :D

Thanks for all the help guys.  Things are looking up.  I've been offered a lot more redundancy pay off than I thought and I think I may have another job in the pipeline.  On that note I think I'll buy another Westfield to keep the other one company ;)

Result !!!   :cool:

More seriously, these enforced changes in life often open up unexpected opportunities which end up with a better result.  Its all about being receptive to them and tackling them positively.  :t-up: