Spotted...

adhawkins

Looks weedy, but it's an MSA approved cage, so I guess it's 38mm cds, with 2mm walls........

The roof rack does look quite substantial though.......

love it. The cateringvan boys pride themselves on buying a product that has been developed over 40 years to reduce weight, C of G, etc, then they go and put that on it.  :devil:

Does look very well made and professional though.

Now where's my welder :D

When I had a tow-bar fitted to my last car in 2001 - due to the agr od the car (2000 X-reg) the supplier HAD TO supply a TYPE approved tow-bar !

Does this mean that tow-bars on recent Westfields must be SVA approved?

Ive been looking into buying a towbar for my tintop in the last few days and I think if the car is after '98 it has to have a towing weight provided by the manufacturer and a type approved bar fitted. Things such as the Audi TT dont have a specified towing weight so you cant buy a towbar for em and would invalidate ur insurance if you fitted one.

However, looking at the top part of this link below from where Im getting my towbar from, it seems this only applies to type approved cars, so legally its probably irrelevent to a Westie.

Towbar Q&A

Chris

Westfield were the first company to receive Low Volume Vehicle Type Approval  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

My car has a weight limit of 900kg I believe (can't be bothered to go downstairs and look). Seeing as the S8 weighs in at something like 750kg + driver + passenger you are going to be very close to the limit before attaching 50kg+ of trailer/luggage to the rear wheels.

Then again, if you can afford the fuel costs of the S8, you can probably afford to have your luggage Fed-Ex'd to your destination  :p

Westfield were the first company to receive Low Volume Vehicle Type Approval  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Is that because the neighbours asked them to turn it down?