Well, I've been (apart from a mishap last year) every year since 1997

Just a newbie then  ;)

I've been every year since 1976  :0

including the years when we had 2 races

Donington 93'

Brands 84' + 86'

got a big stack of programs as souvenirs many with autographs

Hunt, Lauda, Andretti, Piquet, Mansell, Colin Chapman, Ken Tyrrell, etc etc

Just missed Gary Andersons this year, didnt get my programme out of my bag quick enough (getting old you see)  ;)

Not much chance of autographs these days...everyone hides behind big high fences...

Our claim to fame is nearly being run over by Stirling Moss on his vespa thing :).

We've also seen Johnny Herbert and the other Jag driver that year being driven on the back of a golf kart thingy...

Oh yeah, we went to the Grand Prix party thing at the Albert Hall a couple of years ago, and followed Adrian Newey around for a bit before he went into the VIP entrance ;)

As for getting in and out, for the three years before last year we took a caravan (hired...) up to Silverstone on the Friday afternoon and stayed there until Monday morning (at Whittlebury Park). Very civilised way of doing it :). Last year the plan was just to drive up on race day morning, which worked pretty well for those of the group that actually went (cos they left at 5am! ).

Andy

I remember the talent that was Tom Pryce, killed when he hit a marshal (or more accurately the fire extinguisher the marshal was carrying) in South Africa

Same memory for me too, amazing how many people had forgotten about that horrible accident, neither of them stood a chance.

At the time the UOP Shadow headquarters (grand term for pokey factory) was next to my parent's house (before it moved to MK and called itself Arrows) as an annoying teenager they used to make me very welcome there, talk about happy as a pig in sh*t.

I stopped visiting when Tom Pryce was killed, somehow it was never the same. Certainly a totally different world to nowadays, they had one small drawing office, only about 35 people working there and definitely no security, and although they were a team of Minardi type stature they did win a GP in 1977 (Austria - Alan Jones). They used to roll the cars outside at all hours and start them up, and for a period they experimented with Matra 12 cylinder engines which were about double the noise of a DFV.

Get the Hovis out.