Hang the Bas***d

Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

Who was that lunatic at Silverstone today  :angry:

He want his neck stretching

thats just the ammunition Bernie wants to stuff us.

I was at Silverstone yesterday for Qualifying and the work they have put in and the improvments were fantastic   :t-up:

I know I have attended every GP in the UK since 1976, believe me I know what I'm talking about.

Well done Silverstone, and what a race.

One thing a few years ago the germans had their own loony on track and now they have 2 GPs every year, so maybe that sets a precedence  :D

Yeah reckon he'll be spending tonight in the cell! Made for an interesting race though and oddly enough being dressed in a kilt he also seemed to help Coulthard out! lol.

Did you see Pizzonia though swerve at him just scare the pr*ck - good on him!

I was there today standing around Club corner/Vale. Absolutely awesome race - probably one of the best races i have seen live ever. We saw so many Mega! overtaking manouvers down into Vale esp: Coulthard round the outside of Trulli in the dieing laps.

And the Porsche SuperCup race was heaps cool too.

Great day, but oddly enough feeling really quite sunburnt now - me being the bl**** stubbourn aussie refuses to put any sunscreen for the british sun - the day i do that is the day i become a fully pledged pome! lol.

Nick  :)

Yes, total prat.   But him aside, what a cracking race.   It was what motorsport needed, a race where a few overtaking manouvers livened it up a little.

I can't see them taking Silverstone out of the calendar.   I think all this nonsense that has been spouted in the last few days is merely to get the government to sit up and take notice, and fork out some dosh.   Bout bl**** time too!   16 million for the sport in general so far, but how much do you reckon has been earned in tax revenues from F1 alone?

Silverstone is an excellent circuit, and I am pretty damn sure they wouldn't have spent all that money last year if they weren't certain of a return.

Yep, was there too - opposite pit lane.

Best bit of all for me was that Barrichello won with a lead actually taken on the track, one move amongst many others today.

Hurdsey, you're spot on about the track, and especially the traffic control, not a queue in sight.

And to cap it all, to see Eddie Jordan on stage tonight totally p*ssed, laugh, I almost stayed to watch Status Quo.

Don't dignify the lunatic by naming him, that's what he wants  :angry:  :angry:

I remember the talent that was Tom Pryce, killed when he hit a marshal (or more accurately the fire extinguisher the marshal was carrying) in South Africa

I suggest the correct response would be to use the lunatic as the dummy during FIA crash tests  ;)  ;)

Incidentally, have you noticed how much more overtaking there is come contract renewal time?  :p  :p

What a refreshing change.........havn't seen so many overtaking manouvres in a GP for years. :D  :D  :D

So..........they should either chuck a spectator on the track at every race to mix it up a bit :0  :0  :devil:

Or...........hold the remaining races this year at Silverstone  :p  :t-up:  :t-up:  :D

Cheers

David

Don't dignify the lunatic by naming him, that's what he wants  :angry:  :angry:

Not only have they, the media, not dignified him by giving out his name, they haven't even dignified him by saying what he was protesting about...  :D  :D  :D

What a race, what about Jaques and Schuy M? Laugh? I nearly fell off the sofa when Jaques cut him off...

Kinda off assuming the traffic control was good cause nobody in F1 or the media has said a damn thing, which means it must have been good. Why can't we give priase where its due in this country?

Kinda off assuming the traffic control was good cause nobody in F1 or the media has said a damn thing, which means it must have been good. Why can't we give priase where its due in this country?

Apparently Fisichella was complaining it took him an hour and a half to do the 5 or so miles into the track...so problems are still there it would appear.

Andy

Apparently Fisichella was complaining it took him an hour and a half to do the 5 or so miles into the track...so problems are still there it would appear.

Surely he must have come in really late then as it was ok (just slow moving) when we arrived bout 7:30...

That'll teach him to drive - should get a helicopter in and out next time.

Nick  :)

Can't remember where I heard that, probably either on the ITV showing of the race, or the BBC Breakfast TV this morning.

We didn't go this year, but last year the traffic was a lot better (by all accounts, I also didn't go last year, but that's another story).

They left early from Swindon (something like 5am :0 ) expecting the traffic to be bad, but by about 8am they had walked all round the track after driving straight in.

I think they limited the numbers of tickets last year though to improve traffic as well. Did they do that this year? There seems to be a large number of empty seats from the coverage I saw...

Andy

Apparantly they limited the tickets to 80,000 but whether they actually 'limited' them or just didn't sell as many as they thought is another story. lol.

said 'lunatic' was apparently (as heard on TV this morning) an Irish priest holding a placard saying 'read the bible' or some such cr*p - bit late to start complaining about people having fun on Sundays isn't it?  :t-up:  ;)

Yeah, ITV-F1 says the same thing. Some religious nut...errr, chap. :D

Andy

I reckon the crowd was down by about 15,000 on Saturday compared with usual, I never have any trouble getting in and out, I usually camp over for the 3 days, but this year..........

:angry:

The last couple of years they have limited race day ticket sales to 90,000.

I thought this year they had upped it again, maybe people just couldnt be bothered after the last few years of boredom

maybe they'll get back to 120,000 crowds now  :D

Well, I've been (apart from a mishap last year) every year since 1997. We decided to give it a miss this year, typical that it's once of the best races I've seen from there (although I remember last year's was pretty good too).

Maybe we'll go again next year...

Andy