• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leon B

• adam123

• sjtoolan

• felters

Despite having my reverse box fail (knew it would at some point, done me a favour as I'm now getting rid of it  :)  ), despite having bits robbed to get steves car back on the road, the thing that bugs me most is I've lost my 2.5mm allen key!!!!   :angry:

Big thanks to Steve miller really, for a number of reasons.  First he's taken my car back to his workshop so that he can get a bracket made to support the centre bearing on my new prop shaft.  But most importantly for letting Leon the engine killer drive his car some 60 miles back to my house.  I think I got the best deal, someone else is going to fit my new prop shaft and I'm the only one with a serviceable car, albeit not my own.  

So all round a great introduction for Leon on his first trackday.  How we all laughed as Leon pulled on his all-in-one waterproof suit to drive someone elses noisy car 60 miles home from his first trackday.  

Simon.

Strikes me as a rather long winded way for Leon to get a drive in the type of car he really wants/needs - a BEC!

Thoroughly good day.... apart from the monster spin at the bottom corner  :blush:  :blush: then me blinking engine wouldn't start... was it just concidence who I had on board as a passenger ....... L e o n  :oops:  :D  :p

Good to meet you Adam123 by the way.

Cheers,

Nicko

then me blinking engine wouldn't start... was it just concidence who I had on board as a passenger ....... L e o n  :oops:  :D  :p

Cheers,

Nicko

Well have a guess who was on board when my reverse box packed up?

He was later banned from even touching my tow car just in case.

Forgot to thank Adam for his help too, who proved that the best tow car is actually a van loaded to the brim with spare bits and tools.

Simon.

Well have a guess who was on board when my reverse box packed up?

also  my bolt falling out from the adjuster on the alternator,i think i will blame leon for this, as every car he got into broke :p  :p

adam

Guess I wont be invited to another track day then :(

Was a nice drive home, thanks Steve, I now know what a bike engine car is live to drive, definately best on track.

Simon, I'll send you a 2.5mm allen key in the post.

Yea them bloomin XE lumps are crap, im going to x flow!  ;)

I've got one you can have mate.  :p

Leon touched my car once and now I've gotta do an engine swap! Seriously though, I hope that piston to valve clearancing has worked for you...  ???

A hell of a day!  :devil:

Chris

We setup the bullet camera on Steves car in the afternoon once it had dried up a bit, I'll have to edit some of his spins out though!  

Simon.