Trip in the country

Crash Override

Thinking about getting a group together on Sunday 3rd October for a bit of a blat in the countryside. Chelt/Glos area group, but anyone else is more than welcome to join in.

Not sure what route yet, maybe see what happens on the day...Unless anyone has any ideas. Probably start at our area meet the highwayman on the A417.

Anyone interested? Any ideas on routes to take? Generally thinking either out towards Cheddar, or Stow-on-the-Wold/Stratford-upon-avon, or even out Hereford/Forest of Dean way.

Places to stop off at on way, pubs/cafes/garages etc?

Malc.

Edited to add that I shall do my best to book dry weather for the day.  :D

If we're around that weekend, we'll certainly try and make it. How about a mid - late morning start, after an hour or so's blatting, a stop off at a nice pub somewhere for a light lunch.

Then another hour or so of blatting, returning to where we started from?

Would be worth checking with the pub concerned that they can cater for that number of people on a Sunday lunchtime...

Andy

We've got a 'good pub guide', we could bring it along to the next meeting?

That wouldn't give much time to arrange it though.

Andy

Just rembered I know a couple who have just started a restaurant/pub in Ledbury, I shall enquire on how many they can cater for and  how big the car park is.

Route say from highwayman to Gloucester, then into the forest before looping up to Ledbury for lunch, then on to Tewkesbury, Broadway, Stow and back to the highwayman for a drink. This is the idea so far but could change due to a number of variables, what do you think?

Sounds good to me. All dependant on whether we trek up to my Mum's so I can see the last round of the Speed Series :)

Andy

If we're around that weekend, we'll certainly try and make it. How about a mid - late morning start, after an hour or so's blatting, a stop off at a nice pub somewhere for a light lunch.

Then another hour or so of blatting, returning to where we started from?

Would be worth checking with the pub concerned that they can cater for that number of people on a Sunday lunchtime...

Andy

you call that a blat ???

i thought we bought these cars to drive them rather thn eat in them  :durr:  :angry:  :angry:

round our way its meet up at 7am, blat till 9:30 bacon butty, blat till 1pm, lunch then another 4 hours of blatting to get home.  anything under 300 miles isnt worth getting out of bed for.  pull your fingers out goodness me  :angry:  :angry:  :suspect:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

OiOi

;)

Just rembered I know a couple who have just started a restaurant/pub in Ledbury, I shall enquire on how many they can cater for and  how big the car park is.

Phoned to find out about friends restaurant in Ledbury and unfortunately they aren't open on a Sunday, its Monday to Saturday only...Which is a shame they could of catered for over 20 people (max 38), but they did say to keep them in mind if there's a Saturday blat.

Kind of picked Sunday as most people should be able to make it.

you call that a blat ???

i thought we bought these cars to drive them rather thn eat in them  :durr:  :angry:  :angry:

round our way its meet up at 7am, blat till 9:30 bacon butty, blat till 1pm, lunch then another 4 hours of blatting to get home.  anything under 300 miles isnt worth getting out of bed for.  pull your fingers out goodness me  :angry:  :angry:  :suspect:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

OiOi

;)

You going to suggest a route then I'm open to all suggetions, this is the first trip out like this I've done, so feed back is welcome.

I could be interested, i'll see you on the 30th, talk about it then,

round our way its meet up at 7am, blat till 9:30 bacon butty, blat till 1pm, lunch then another 4 hours of blatting to get home.  anything under 300 miles isnt worth getting out of bed for.  pull your fingers out goodness me

that would be at least four petrol stops for me :p  :p  

Karl

Looks like a discusion about it at the area meet then?

But still any ideas post them up in the mean time.

that would be at least four petrol stops for me  :p  :p
That'll be about six to eight for me then, better bring the fuel bowser.  :D  :D  :D

fuel stops - its normally about 5 for me :D:D

as for a route try this

good route for an end of season blat, most of the tourist will have fecked orf

meet at scotch corner at 8 am.  bacon butties in hawes.  through to keswick, then windermere, then wrynose and hardknott passes.  lunch at the bottom of hardknott pass.  up and round though to winlatter pass and then very quick blast up the A66 to penrith.  up and over hartside pass witha  cup of coffee at the cafe.  hexham and finish in newcastle.  about 12 hours.  dont it a couple of times and its a great blat.

sorry dont know chelts/glos area  :durr:  :durr:

A blat would do us all good, sounds like a plan is forming!

If we can find a pub in Ledbury (never been myself) then your first route looks good Malc.

Rob

ps Hardknott Pass in a Westie - ooowa, now that would be good