Next Cambridge Area Meeting 26th Sept.

chazpowerslide

Ok.

If the Westec (Westfield Zetec) survives Bassingbourne on Saturday................. :devil:  :devil:

Details for the next round of of Cambridge Road Race Grand Prix Challenge NO!!!!!!..... er....... next Cambridge area meeting are as follows.

Meet up at Tesco Milton on Sunday 26/09/04 at 10am to depart around 10:30 am to the De Havilland Heritage Centre in London Colney, Herts to arrive at between 11:30 and 12 noon (we may even run to schedule for once...........but I doubt it    :p  :p )

There is plenty to look at for a paltry entry fee of a fiver (or so I'm led to believe)

I suppopse I'll have to look a map sometime before the 26th (as I only have a vague and misty memory of passing a sign for London Colney off the A1 somewhere) to work out a blattable route to the museum as I have no idea of how to get to where I'm going (nothing new there I hear you all cry   :D  :D )

If the weather is 'orrible and we need a plan "B" we could allways go for a Pizza at a vastly discounted price of course (I know a man you see..........who happens to be me  ;)  ;) )

As allways please register your apathy here so I at least have some idea of who's coming   :p  :p

Chaz.

A what Museum?

That weekend I think there is 750MC Racing on at Cadwell park in Linconshire, I was thinking of going along and supporting Richard Brown et al. I'll give your plan some serious thought.

Also need to fix the holed sump yet as well, + quieter exhaust and suspension/RR set up, all before Oct 30th, trying to do a track day at Bedford, so interested in your exhaust storys.

Actually, drop us a PM with the price would you, I was looking at Custom chrome racing the other day......could do with a price comparison.

Heya guys..

I've finally got my butt into gear and got a job so my "Westec" should be on the road soon... probably not for the next meet though :(

If u want some advice as to where to blat in Herts i might be able to help (I moved from there 6 months back) some nice roads round Welwyn garden city...

The Mosquito museum is actually just off the M25 if memory serves me.. I went there a looooong time ago (and have an embarassing photo to show for it) great aircraft though and a nice day out. :)

Mark

Does that mean I'll be 'eading darn sarf for the day?  I think I'll be there.  It's my daughter's birthday on the 24th so, I may pop home for the weekend, instead.

A mosquito Museum?  I can bring along some dead flies, bees and wasps, currently taking a free ride across my radiator fins and license plate, too :D

Note for the guys going to the mossy museum: - can't make it myself as deep in build and off to the factory for bits.

I got the following from a friend of mine who helps out at the museum with the rebuilding of some of the planks they have there and enquired about a reduced group entry rate.

The directions to the Museum are very easy:-

M.25 to junction 22 - presumable they would join the M.25 at Junction 23 from the A.1 if they re coming from Cambridge.

Leave the Motorway at Junction 22 and take the first exit off the

roundabout, i.e. turn left - back on your-self.  (The Museum can be seen

from the motorway as you come down the hill to junction 22 - it is on

your left.)

The road goes back alongside the motorway for about half a mile with the

entrance road to the Museum on your right - it is marked on the

roundabout as you exit the motorway.  I do not think a map would be of

any help.

Am not sure about a bulk entry charge, there may be something.

The bod who will know has I think just today come back from holiday,

give him a ring, mention you are a friend of Brian Kern's - his name is Ralph Steiner

and his telephone number is 0208 954 5080. I know they do special visits

and lunches, but am not sure about a Sunday.

He is a very pleasant bod and most helpful.

Hopefully i will emerge from my garage soon and meet up with you all.

Greg Butterworth

(between Royston & Baldock - WSei/VX)

Sorry Chaz, a bit bussy now this weekend, will be out to play soon, when i have things sorted.

Glad you enjoyed the track day, and got the bug :love:

Hi Guys I'm back.....just finished a ten day work trip.

Sorry but I can't amke it, it's my sons birthday this weekend...so a family party to attend.

Have fun  :p

The Bear from the Herts area has asked if he can meet up with us (in Stevenage more than likley) for the run up to the museum which is fine by me.

Thanks for the directions and the contact name Westy1700 I'll make a few calls in the morning.

So far I think we have four confirmed from the Cambridge area on this one.

Chaz.

Ok.....

The final arrangements for tomorrows blat are as follows.

Meet up at Tesco Milton at 10am for a cup of tea and chat. We'll leave Tesco at about 10:30-10:45 and go onto Stevenage to meet up with Mal and some of the Herts, Beds and Bucks chaps.

We are going to meet Mal on the service road to Knebworth House (just off Junction 7 on the A1 (M)) at about 12-12:30 and then we'll go onto the Mosquito Museum from there.

Chaz.