Scottish Westys Third Meet

Fraser

I'm not coming out to play if its pishing with rain! (Or even if its dribbling!;)

I took the carpets out the car after the last couple of rainy sessions and couldn't believe the amount of water lying about.

Hence, dry use only from now on!

:(

Thoroughly enjoyed the run today guys, photos look good David!

Just got a phone call from Paul, when he got stuck behind the bus at Newbridge he bombed along the A8 and then when he didn't see us he drove slowly along the bypass thinking we would be behind him...of course we'd be in front on him by then. While we were stopped waiting for him on the sliproad to the A1 he was stopped just past Sherrifhall waiting for us  :0 .

Maybe we should pre-arrange rendevous points in future  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

1st rule in a convoy, always make sure you can see the car following you.

If you do that, the convoy will keep together.

Andy

Guess Duttons should not go on Westfield runs!!!!!!!

I missed you on the roundabout.  Thought you took the A8 and not the M8.  By the time I saw you on the M8 I was on the A8 with no chance of turning until the airport.  Thrashed along A8 but roadworks at Royal Bank build stopped the traffic.  Got on to Bypass and drove to Newcraighall.  Waited until 2:30 and then turn around back down bypass.

Weather was very good, perfect (if a little windy) for a run.

Went home and took the Westfield for a blast.  So overall not a total loss.

Anymore trips planned?  My Westfield is taxed until Dec so any dry days you fancy a run let me know and I'll try and keep up!

If any of your are interested we may have a chance at a track day at Knockhill on the 13th Nov.  Let me know if interested.

Paul

Sorry we lost you Paul, was wanting a proper look at your Dutton as well ! , anyway no doubt I'll see you at the SKCC meeting. As for Knockhill, I'd like to try it, but don't think im insured for track use.

As for Knockhill, I'd like to try it, but don't think im insured for track use.

To be honest, I'd never bothered with insurance for Track Days.

They usually are priced very high (I've been quoted about 100 quid a day) and have such a high excess, that you'd have to write the car off to make it worthwhile.

I've only ever seen one car damaged on a track day, and to be honest he was driving like an A*** all day...

Andy

Sorry i couldnt make it guys, sounds like you had a good time though. Knockhill sounds exilent - count me in! i'll make sure work def dont screw me on this one!!

Anna

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed the first few outings. I would be interested in Knock Hill, Do I have to have a racing licence?

I still have to get my licence and buy my racing kit. Any suggestions where to go. I was looking to buy everything from Formula1motorsports.

Cheers Nick

Do I have to have a racing licence?

For a track day, no (unless it's a 'test' day).

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Kick on Scottish Westies. I am based in the Newcastle area,but from Edinburgh. I'll see what you guys are up to the next time i'm up in my Westfield. Great to see you all getting out and about. Crackin shot at the bridge. An ideal cover shot for WW.

All the best fellow Scotts

Happy Blatting  :D  :p