Cars for sale section

Spyderlegs

I've tried to leave replies in the above section but the system is not letting me but lets me else where why is this?

Roman spyderlegs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• ChrisG

• Bazzer

• Spyderlegs

You have to be a WSCC member.

If you are, go here to upgrade your boardroom membership. You'll need your WSCC membership number and postcode.

Andy

Thank you Andy, I am not a WSCC member yet. I will have to get my application filled in and posted in the next few days.

Roman

One of the many benefits of joining...

Andy

Ive never tried, but I thought it only restricted the placing of adverts to WSCC members only, which is fair enough? There may be good reason for it (hijacking of threads by non WSCC members etc), but doesnt it slightly hinder the selling potential of an item if a non WSCC member is unable to ask questions about the item for sale?

cheers

Chris

Yeh but my point was that its also hindering the (WSCC member) seller cos not all the "audience" can ask him questions about his item for sale :)

Chris

True.

Personally, when I first came on here I was surprised at how much information is made available to non-members. There's an awful lot of knowledge on here that people can get at completely free, without making any contribution to the club.

It seems to me a small price to pay to gain full access to these forums, and I would have thought that extending the limited access to a lot more of the information might be a good way of enticing people to join the club.

Right now, people can come along here and get all their technical questions answered without having to join. I would have thought it would increase the incentive to join if people could only see a 'general questions' forum until they joined the club, and only then got access to all of the other more techical information.

Just my $0.02

Andy

Yep totally agree, there is a lot of information on here and considering the forum is run by a club that requires a membership fee, its admirable that a lot of it is unrestricted access, tho my point was that WSCC Members could potentially be suffering not gaining because of the restriction on replies to items for sale  :t-up:

I personally think it is fine to restrict non-members from posting the the adverts  boards as long as it doesn't stop them contacting the vendors. ie must still be able to email vendors. I think you can do this can't you?

If not, a bit of a problem as I can understand people not joining the wscc before they have even bought a car!

Please don't suggest any further restrictions to non-members :0

a) being able to browse here was one of the things that persuaded me a westfield is a good choice

b) I bought my car through this forum

c) A lot of non-members post some very useful stuff here

I for one would probably not be a member now if this board was any more "closed" than it is now. And no, I would not have joined just to find out what I was missing  :p

How about read-only access to all the forums except (say) the Website / Message Board Chat and Adverts?

I'm not necessarily saying it's a good idea, but there are plenty of people on here who have taken advantage of the advice of members and haven't actually bothered to join.

For the sake of 25 quid (or whatever membership is these days) it just seems a bit stingy to me.

Andy

I am a WSCC member and I don't mind giving advice to anyone (for what its worth) don't see why I would not want to give advice to non members.

The club is not giving the advise individuals are. So to suggest that people should pay the WSCC for it seems bizzare to me.

Cheers

Bazzer

Point taken...I was just trying to think of more ways to persuade people that joining the club is a good idea, even before they've bought a car (I joined while I was still looking for mine).

Andy

I was just trying to think of more ways to persuade people that joining the club is a good idea, even before they've bought a car

Thumbscrews and a rack  ???  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  or possibly Large baseball bat  ???  ???  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Next marketing strategy  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  That's if the adverts in Kit Car don't get folks to sign up  :D  :devil:  :D