Wilts/Hants meeting Sunday 29th August

sjtoolan

JD,

So far I haven't had anybody show any interest in the Wiscombe trip.  Is anyone actually interested?

Simon.

Simon

Wiscombe  for sure plus friend with new Westie purchase who lives in the village. There must be others wanting to go  ???

Wiscombe is a lovely setting in a country estate, well worth the trip, interesting hillclimb. Last chance to see the Speed series in the south. My driving skills not up to it  :(

Yet    :(

J D     :cool:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jdinhants

• sjtoolan

• Al Yupright

• Blatman

I'll (we'll) be in Cornwall too, so keep an eye out....

We'll be at Tregrehan House near St Austell on Sunday, watching the Cornwall boys hillclimbing :t-up:

Whereabouts you gonne be?

In Padstow Thursday pm to Sunday morning, not that far from St Austell.

Exactly where is Tregrehan House, may be able to persuade Old Trout to take the scenic route back after brekkie ???

J D      :cool:

Tregrehan House is near Parr Market on the A390, east of St Austell. There'll be signposts....

It's marked on this map, and the course is the dotted line that looks like a backwards 7....

For those not at home reminiscing about the worlds great Grand Prix circuits they have driven (and have photographic evidence of - no I'm not jealous, honest), don't forget the meet this Sunday, Rockingham Arms off the A36 at midday.

We can discuss any interest in a trip to Wiscombe to watch the Speed series, the rolling road session kindly being organised by Tony R, and the possibility of an airfield day with the Bristol&Bath and Chelt/Gloucs areas sometime in Sept/Oct for those interested.  See you there.

Simon.

I have just joined the WSCC with a view to buying a Westie over the coming months(can't seem to register on here as a club member at the mo) but hoped you chaps wouldn't mind me coming to have a look at and chat about your cars on sunday if that's ok. I live just west of Salisbury

Cheers

Richard

(can't seem to register on here as a club member at the mo)

It takes a short while (a couple of weeks sometimes) for the Memb Sec to pass over membership details, and the Webmaster to enter them on here.

Just keep trying every couple of days and it will eventually work.

Welcome aboard! I'm sure the guys will be happy to welcome you to a meeting.

Andy

I have just joined the WSCC with a view to buying a Westie over the coming months(can't seem to register on here as a club member at the mo) but hoped you chaps wouldn't mind me coming to have a look at and chat about your cars on sunday if that's ok. I live just west of Salisbury

Cheers

Richard

Richard,

You'll be more than welcome to come and have a nose at the cars, there is usually a good selection although how many turn up will be dependant on the weather of course!  Sadly mine won't be there, local tyre company let me down so I still need some new tyres.

Simon.

Thanks Leon. Managed to get home more or less dry... I did feel that the Feltersmobile somewhat lowered the tone of the assembled throng. And Al Yupright had the brass neck to tell me that his car was a bit of a mess...

Note to self. Drive less, tidy up front suspension, get haircut, clean car.  :down:

Thanks Leon. Managed to get home more or less dry... I did feel that the Feltersmobile somewhat lowered the tone of the assembled throng. And Al Yupright had the brass neck to tell me that his car was a bit of a mess...

Note to self. Drive less, tidy up front suspension, get haircut, clean car.  :down:

You obviously didnt look up close!!

My car lives a hard life, but serves its purpose well!

Never been polished in its life!

Get that cam kit ordered!  :t-up:

We can discuss any interest in a trip to Wiscombe to watch the Speed series,

Simon.

So are there any others going to Wiscombe from Hants / Wilts ???  :p

J D     :cool: Off for a blat in the sunshine