Rear discs

dasamdy

Just a thought, I take it these are OK for hard track use, i.e. track days rather than just sprinting?

Cheers,

Nicko

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• stu.graham

• stillracin

• Al Yupright

Depends. If you fit aggressive pads that wear discs out, a thinned disc will last less time than a standard thickness one. If you have pads that are kind to discs, then the discs'll last longer...

dasamdy (Dave),

Sent you a couple of PMs but just in case you were too overwhelmed with emails to read them, can I order a set of rears and if you have them a set of fronts as well?  

I am moving north to Catterick on thursday, WSCC has my new address details though.

Regards,

Mike

The WSCC won't release personal details to anyone, so you'll need to e-mail or PM dasamdy with it....

Depends. If you fit aggressive pads that wear discs out, a thinned disc will last less time than a standard thickness one. If you have pads that are kind to discs, then the discs'll last longer...

What about cracking, warping and heat absorbtion?

Disks can take quite a hammering on a trackday, 6*20min sessions.

my old front disks that were used for sprinting lasted 1 trackday before cracking around the drilled holes.  Mind you these were biscuits even compared to the ones for sale here...

What about cracking, warping and heat absorbtion?

Disks can take quite a hammering on a trackday, 6*20min sessions.

Glossed over that lot. Not thinking... :blush:

Are they suitable for track days due to the thinness or just for sprinting ???  ???

I'm sure the standard 12.5mm discs are overkill for trackdays, especially on a light car like mine, but you can get away with being so much thinner for sprinting.

So whats good for one, probably isnt optimal for the other!

Whereas the sprint guys can run 7/8mm disks, I'd not really wanna go below 10mm on a trackday car?

But Dave said he could do special requests, so perhaps he could make some 10mm ones? :t-up:  

I could sleep at night with the thought that the rears might not be upto the job, but would want certaintly that the fronts are man enough, so perhaps thicker fronts and the full lightened rears?

Dave what thickness do you reduce them to?? ???

I do track and sprinting so I need something which will cope with both situations    :)  :)  :)

Dave (Dasamdy)

When the great and the knowledgeable have decided what is optimal (front and rear) for trackdays can my order be to that thickness?

Regards

So many questions

Right, the discs that have gone so far are all what I would descibe as sprint discs, if you want track day discs then you need to ask ;)

The sprint discs are 8mm with 60 c/s holes in them

The track day discs are 9.5mm with grooves in

Like I said you need to ask, that is for the fronts

For the rears,

Sprint discs are 6mm with 60 c/s holes in them

The track day discs are 7.5mm with grooves in them

All discs have modified hubs for weight reduction

All you need to do now is tell me what you want the discs for, for sprinting ask for sprint discs, for track days ask for TD discs, easy

Hope this answers all you questions

Cheers

Dave

FWIW I run sprint discs on the road with no problems, these were my original development set from about 6 months ago

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.