Goodwood

stever

Peter

Your turn to bog off :p

Nice one Gazza. I'd forgotten *completely* about that little episode... :devil:

:down: :oops: ah yes well, it's like this...I got on the brakes for Lavant then let them off and turned in but the tail got a bit loose (I may have got the left rear on the kerb slightly) and just when I thought I'd caught it the b******* snapped back the other way and I went backwards onto the infield at speed collecting Lord March's grass cuttings on the way.....the engine stalled but I got it restarted only to see the next car coming round at non-reduced speed as the marshalls hadn't put a red flag out despite the fact that the track had grass etc all over it!!  :t-up: the next driver slowed after spotting me and we convoyed back to the pits  :bangshead:  :p  :D

Next!  :durr:  :D  ;)

I know  :bangshead:  my practice lap was the first time I'd ever driven round Goodwood in this car and I did a 94.50 and while I think FTD was probably out of reach I should have won the class and was hoping to get down into the mid-80's but after the 'off' I took it too carefully on the one and only timed run I had  :t-up:

Had several people come up and say how good the car sounded though  ;)  :D

Oh and before anyone asks, I didn't have time to change the gearing after Goodwood for Curborough so was using 1st from the entry to molehill to halfway round the top hairpin  :p  not ideal for a fast time but still managed a 32s run  :love:  anyone know what I was doing over the finsh line? I never got to find out  :t-up: I figured it must be near 100 as 2nd is good for 89 and I changed up a fair bit before the line  ;)  :D

looking at the times, I see what you mean. Frustrating!

Your first (practice) run was a knat's off the eventual class-winning time. It practically had your name on it!

Been there, done that: last year at Lydden I did a morning practice run of 86 but spun and bent the steering rack on the first timed run. No-one got within TWO secs of that time all day long in the 1700 class  :down:   it hurts for days (years?)

That's the 'fun' of it all, tho!

PS

it was the All Circuit C'ship, not the WSCC just incase anyone's checking  :D