What size Wheels

Bananaman

Just though we had not had a meeningless Poll for a while.

You can post reasons, Tyre choice or what ever if you can be bothered?

Andy :zzz:

By the way I'm a 13" man myself. :0

Yoko AO21(Road) AO32(Track)

13" because they're lighter than the 15" wheels I bought originally and because the car handles *much* better as a result.

Got some cheapy Yokohama 185/60/13s for road use for the time being but ACB10s are my preferred tyre - twitchy on bumpy roads, horrible in the wet but great when you're in the mood for them.

15s, running A539s (much better than the ropey Avons that were on the car - 6 years old and looked like they were going to last another 6).

Considered a drop to 13s, but figured I'd just try new tyres first. They made a huge difference.

Andy

15in wheels, coz they came with the Westy, running Avon CR28's

Would be interested to know other people's opinion of these tyres :D

15in wheels, coz they came with the Westy, running Avon CR28's

Would be interested to know other people's opinion of these tyres :D

If they're the same Avons as came with my car (factory built) then they were appalling.

As I said earlier, 6 year old when I got them and still plenty of tread left. Stone cold after a 'spirited' blat.

Andy

Looks like 15's have overtaken 13's so hes my tuppence.  My car has 13's and I wouldn't consider anything else unless I ever needed a drastic increase in ride height.  The first 7 I drove was a Dax Rush with a fairly standard 2.0 pinto and 17" wheels on 245's.  Sorry this is all I have for comparison but driving with my 13's and 185's is sooooo much more fun.  It put me off bit wheels a bit.  Having said that, yesterday I had a spin out in C-van R400 on 15's and in terms of handling and possibly ride, it was better than my car but only marginally and it did cost 30k+.  Was bl**** fast though.