It's a sad day...

samcooke

The Westfield is now sold.  ???  :(

I'm moving on, but not too far - a fisher fury chassis pack is on its way to fill Westfield-size hole in the garage and the build will commence in the next month or so. :(

Can I still play with you guys or am I an outsider now?

I reckon I'm going to need a bit of help from time to time and there's only about 12 people in the Fury club...

Did you get a good price for it?

What I asked. :t-up:

Never had so many enquiries about a car in my life. I even had foreign chaps offering to buy it unseen and send a shipping company to collect it  ???  :)  ???

I even had foreign chaps offering to buy it unseen and send a shipping company to collect it  ???  :)  ???

Wow :0  :0

Where did you advertise it?

Also, depending where you live,I meet up with a number of guys from the Sylva club at a pub in Marlow (Bucks) and a few of those have Sylva Furys.

Cheers

David

I'm moving on, but not too far - a fisher fury chassis pack is on its way to fill Westfield-size hole in the garage and the build will commence in the next month or so.

So Sam what engine are you going for, X-Flow, 4AGE, Bike, Zetec...............?

Andy

Most enquiries from findit.co.uk, I think bodging a website was a great help too - people seem to love being able to see most of what's on offer from their arm chair - having said that, the chap who's buying it saw it on here I think. All free ads though, didn't spend nuffink.  :)

I'm a geography div so I'm not sure where Marlow is, but I'm near Cambridge - any good?

Andy - blade engined with a live axle, 430kg in standard trim. Lighter brakes, wheels and tyres can dip it to 400 or even less. Bangs per buck is off the scale  :t-up: kit looks like its a bit more DIY than Westfield but I fancy a challenge  :(  I won't mention the way it handles for fear of upsetting people  ;)

Never had so many enquiries about a car in my life. I even had foreign chaps offering to buy it unseen and send a shipping company to collect it      

It wasn't a chap called Smith James, wanting it for a West African client was it?

Minghis

No - this guy was Dutch.

But I did have a similar sounding enquiry, can't remember exactly the name but it was weird and backwards like 'Smith James'. He didn't say where it was for but it had dodgy written all over it so I didn't want to take anything too far.

Did you have a similar experience?

What's going on?  ???

Rather bizarrely I had a "Peter Lawrence" enquiring on behalf of his client (didn't say where) about some wheels I have for sale and which were only advertised on one site over here.

English was a bit rubbish, which raised a few warning bells, but I replied politely enough with the info he was requesting.

But then I got a reply saying that yes, the price was fine ($400) and his client would arrange for them to be collected.  He would send a certified cashiers cheque for, wait for it, $2,700....

???  ???   I was supposed to deduct my $400, plus another $300 for my troubles  ???   and then send the balance back via Western Union.

Basically I told the bloke to FRO.....  Not heard from him since oddly enough !!  :D

My suspicion is money laundering or a very bizarre twist on the scam where they ask to use your account to hold $30,000,000 because their father was a deposed African king or some such b*****k....

I had a 'smith james' want to buy a car - and yes, he wanted to send me £2200 more than the car was advertised for. He was going to send a cheque, when it clears he was going to arrange a shipping company to collect the car and the £2200.

I e-mailed him asking a few questions, and he gave me the e-mail address of the 'shipping company' - I asked them if they knew of this man and if this is the way he normally does business, they replied to say that they've been arranging these types of things for 'smith james' for years and that he was genuine.

I'm going to do some more digging to see what else I can dind out and I'll let you all know....

Minghis.