• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

What do you think about speeding?

Mat Jackson

Make the driving test: [a] much harder (already being fiddled with), a five or ten year repeat event, and [c] graded from sub-litre size cars, through 1 - 2 litre, to 2.0 litre plus. Insurance companies do it, why not DSA? That would be a good incentive to learn more and move up a grade or two.

(hides from missiles!;):D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• James

• Mat Jackson

• v7slr

I dont know about you but the faster I drive the more I concentrate and therefore the safer I am!

There you go sorted it speed is safe :D  :D

the idea that the government would like us all to use public transport more is a classic piece of new labour spin!

if everyone left thier car in the garage and used public transport 2 things would happen, first the system would collapse because it is poorly run and second it would collapse from lack of cash from the £36 billion contribution from the motorists and road haulage!

it is just an excuse to tax the motorist, nothing more!

Bit O/T really but I've just renewed my tin top car insurance and all the Insurance companies are now asking if I have any recognised advanced driver training.  A couple of years ago only 1 out of 5 companies were asking this but today all 5 or so companies asked this question and all were willing to give a discount based on advanced training.

I guess if Insurance companies have finally recognised that training is a key factor in risk then the govt won't be far behind, especially if they can charge more for the training !

Interestingly none of them were too bothered about speeding convictions, one lady I spoke to said that almost everybody she speaks to has at least one SP30 fixed penalty.  If a couple of SP's doesn't affect the premium by more than 10% (probably half of that is oportunitistic profiteering) then Insurance companies can't see moderate speeding as significantly increasing the risk, therefore moderate speeding doesn't increase the liklehood of an accident - contrary to what the Scamera Partnerships claim.  (I'm not talking about 90mph down the local high street !;)