Anyone record TopGear last night?

gregh

Not a second hard drive, but you can replace the existing 40 Gig one (about 20 hours) with a 120 Gig one (about 60 hours).

The advantage of Sky+ over Tivo are basically that you can record one Sky channel while watching another (Tivo just records the output of a single Sky box). Pretty soon (they keep promising) you'll be able to record two channels simultaneously too (while watching a previously recorded program if you like).

Sky+ is very cool. Arguments over whether it's better than Tivo are best left for other places :). I'm very happy with mine, really changes the way you watch TV.

Andy

Sky+ doesn't learn what you like watching and record things it thinks you might like though. TiVo does :p

The Tivo vs Sky+ war begins ;)

I've never used Tivo, but I am aware of some of its features. :)

I'm happy with my Sky+, for anyone with Sky I'd whole-heartedly recommend it.

Andy

really changes the way you watch TV.

.....a bit like kids then........ ???  ???  :(  :t-up:

No, this allows you to watch things you want :D

Andy

It probably is, I have no means of comparison though.

:D

Andy

What the Feck is a TiVo???????????

Ooopppsss.........now I have got you all arguing because of my ignorance ???

Anyway, back to the original post.......does anyone have Top Gear on VHS?

Cheers

David

They don't make them any more.

means that

The Tivo vs Sky+ war begins

and ends with TiVo surrendering.........

Ooopppsss.........now I have got you all arguing because of my ignorance

We aren't arguing, we're discussing......

TiVo isn't free. Subs are a tenner for each........Sky+ costs more to install, but as has been stated, TiVo ain't made any more, so choice is somewhat limited.....

Sky+ costs more to install cos it's not just a matter of connecting it up to your Sky box. They have to change the LNB on the dish and run more cable.

Even so, I think the current cost is something like 199 for the box and about 50 quid for installation.

Then there's the tenner a month subscription you have to pay.

Andy

Tuned in to UK Horizons last night only to find it was a Top Gear episode from a few weeks ago. Did Sunday nights show have a feature on track cars? was it interesting? Greg did you get a copy? :t-up:  :t-up:

Cheers

Mark :cool:  :cool:

They had a few track cars yeah, the XTR2 amongst them. I think it was second quickest? Can't remember the one that won, similar style to the XTR2 but it had something like a 3 litre engine in it!

Andy