Anyone record TopGear last night?

gregh

My TiVo will have done. I'm nowhere near Leeds though, and don't know how to get it off my TiVo.

So not a lot of help to you really.

My Tivo was busy recording F1 with an hour padding just in case, and hence missed it!

You can record from Tivo to VCR, shame Tivo's can't talk to each other ;)

Greg

I'm sure you can download from TiVo to VHS. But I don't know how, and don't have a VHS to download it to.

I think Top Gear is repeated isn't it?

I think Top Gear is repeated isn't it?

I'm not sure, according to Tivo it appears on UK Horizons, but I'm unclear if that is this series or an earlier one :(

Greg

UK Horizons are showing the old series. The new one will no doubt be on there in a year or so ;).

Andy

What the Feck is

UK horizons
& is it on Ntl/Cable base povo spec installation ???

What the Feck is a TiVo???????????

I meant to record it on a good old video tape, but forgot :arse:  :arse:  :arse: so if someone does have it on VHS I would be grateful too.

Cheers

David

from TivoFAQ

TiVo is a personal video recorder (PVR). It works by recording television programmes onto an internal hard disk instead of using tapes. The general idea behind a TiVo is that it automatically records all of your favourite television programmes whenever they are on so when you sit down to watch TV, instead of having to watch what happens to be on at that specific time, you can watch any programme which has been automatically recorded for you by TiVo. TiVo also learns which programmes you like and will automatically record other programmes which it thinks you might like to watch, based upon the programmes you know you like. On top of this, TiVo is always recording when you are watching live TV through it, so if the phone rings you can press pause and resume it in a short while, or if you just missed something somebody said you can rewind it and see it again, all while the programme is still on

They don't make them any more.

The Sky+ box is a similar thing, and doubles as a satellite receiver, so you only need the one box. I've been led to believe that you *might* be able to add a second hard drive to a Sky+ box too...........