Congrats to Mr Mason & Mr Slingsby

westy

Ash only joined You on the wined up, only because its scott :cool:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

I regularly get "WINED" up.....or STELLA'D up :D  :oops:

But will I be in F next year????????????????????????? ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• Turbo Tommo

• Arm

• Mrs Westy

just buy some ACB10 tyres and stay in F

Tis a serious point though boys, we need to know who is intending to do what so we at least understand the class sizes. Would be ideal for me if more people were in D however if the sway is to slicks or 1B's then I will reconsider.

So my first choice is class D

2nd slicks

3rd 1B's and aeroscreen

Ash

ash whats the 4th and 5th

milk Lady

lady in post office :p

Ash

I agree that we could do with exchanging ideas as the commitment to change class involves development costs for cars not the least of which is wheel sizes and tyres which for both F and slicks is considerable

Terry

Mark,

That sums up the problem  :D  in "F" the only day when there have been 5 people is Curborough. So doesn't matter how many events you win, you can't win the overall championship because you need to be in a class that consistently has 5 people at every event.

Or we come up with a scoring system where it doesn't matter how many in that class, you can still get max points based on your time against some previously determined figure. ie last years best time in that class.  :D  :D  :D

Mark,

That sums up the problem  :D  in "F" the only day when there have been 5 people is Curborough. So doesn't matter how many events you win, you can't win the overall championship because you need to be in a class that consistently has 5 people at every event.

Or we come up with a scoring system where it doesn't matter how many in that class, you can still get max points based on your time against some previously determined figure. ie last years best time in that class.  :D  :D  :D

Or we could encourage more people into 'F' or join 'H' or............................. :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :D

P.S. Nick, I know you'd bought a place in Spain but hoew did you get them to name it after you.... :D  :D  :D  :p

1825.jpeg

P.S. Nick, I know you'd bought a place in Spain but hoew did you get them to name it after you.... :D  :D  :D  :p

1825.jpeg

Famous or was that infamous, the world over Andy  :D  :D  :D

Mark,

Well said

More head scratching to do yet

And it's done by a few people who deem it necessary to keep it secret 'till the start of the season.

Why don't we have a forum and decide using the wishes of the competitors involved

The Midland speed system seems to work

More head scratching to do yet

And it's done by a few people who deem it necessary to keep it secret 'till the start of the season.

Why don't we have a forum and decide using the wishes of the competitors involved

The Midland speed system seems to work

For once I agree with you Tommo  :D  :D  :D

Maybee the committee comes up with some options and then has a postal or e-mail vote  :D

Love your quote tommo  :love:  :love:  :love:

It is the regular competitors in each class I would be asking their intentions for the following year.

So for class D if I know what The Duck, Fatbloke, Mr Edden, Windy, Westy etc are thinking then I would use that for my planning. IE if just a few were going slicks or whatever then I would have to think how that would influence me in view of the points scoring process.

Snot a problem more of strategy.

I half agree with the 'encouragement' of scoring for the novice drivers, its a real boost when getting into this sport I found it a great incentive. Upon becoming an expert it then becomes a bit of a disincentive (maybe thats a bit strong).

Maybe we run a model alongside of another option and see if its better or worse.

My view FWIW.

Ash

It is the regular competitors in each class I would be asking their intentions for the following year.

I half agree with the 'encouragement' of scoring for the novice drivers, its a real boost when getting into this sport I found it a great incentive. Upon becoming an expert it then becomes a bit of a disincentive (maybe thats a bit strong).

Maybe we run a model alongside of another option and see if its better or worse.

My view FWIW.

Ash

Agree with these ideas Ash  :D

I have to agree with a lot of these points chaps even if I don't take it as seriously as a lot of you I can see your points.

The only thisg I would say, from past experience is don't rely on the comments posted here making a difference.  If you want the points to be fully considered by the powers that be :D:D:D  you will have to submit them via e-mail, this board room will not surfice.

Lots of good ideas, it would be a shame for them to be overlooked. :D