Duratecs from the factory

adhawkins

Somebody has posted a link to this thread over on the Darkside :0

One of the posters has also posted a link to this site brookecars anybody heard of these B4? They sound rather interesting, however carn't get any prices off their site, I've e-maild them so when i recive some info I'll post it here. They are however using Duratecs from Raceline, so it can be done, come on Westfield pull your finger out. :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

Andy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Mark Stanton

• steppenwolf

• Petrol.Head

I can understand Westfields reticence to not release any info on the Duratec until it is developed as they want to continue to sell Zetec's.  However I think they could shoot themselves in the foot if they don't get it into production soon.

The Duratec has worked its way into the Focus line too, that's what's in my ST170.

That's weird.  Here in the States, we call the ST170 the SVT, and it uses a 170hp version of the Zetec, not the Duratec.  I just checked the US and UK websites and notice that although the US site does call it a 1988cc Zetec, the UK lists it as a 1988cc Duratec.  Given that the Duratec's capacity is 1999cc vs. the Zetec's 1988cc, this makes me even more suspicious that Ford is taking liberties with the branding in the UK.

Have you checked your block to see if it is actually alloy?  

John

Seattle, USA

It certainly seems odd that Ford would dilute the brand of the new generation engine by relabeling the Zetec, but something isn't adding up.  At least it is an easy check with a magnet :D

BTW on a slightly related topic, I made updates to my website over the weekend including a page on the Duratec that some folks might find useful.

-John

Seattle, USA

Can't see a Duratec fiting into an XTR2 very easily  

It may give the best

bhp/weight/value

but I bet a flat four such as an Impreza Turbo which was mentioned as a possible future power plant for the XTR2 would make more sensible option.

I am guessing but I believe that ultimately the XTR/Radical type cars will evolve with a facility to fit complete front wheel drive power plants.

We also seem to think/know that there are some interesting developments on the XTR2 front

I bet that the next generation of Westfields will be larger (slightly) XTR2`s with ability to fit a number of engines either complete from donors incl gearboxes/running gear or with transaxles for those with more money.

If you think about it I believe it is the next logical step as VX`s/type 9`s/MT75`s et al become rarer and SVA becomes harder.

Anyone care to comment  ;)  ;)  :D

I had a look at a Focus RS Turbo a week or so ago and that was a Zetec badged as a D/tec. Did not look to close but it had a timing belt not a chain.

If you think about it I believe it is the next logical step as VX`s/type 9`s/MT75`s et al become rarer and SVA becomes harder.

Anyone care to comment

Yep D/Tec looks like the way to go.