VX SBD 75 DEG, THERMOSTAT

scott beeland

the bleed or the thermostat?

the thermostat is for a cooler engines which release bigger bangs :):)

its quite a common mod to the Vx engine - i guess they benefit from running cooler more than other enginess ???

the bleed or the thermostat?

Yeah, the thermostat, I know the standard is 92 and lower stat of 88 is available but 75 just seemed way low????

ive been running the 75 deg thermostat for 3+years with no bother

- except the engine seizure :( but that had b******* all to do temp with temp and all to do with oil - or lack there of :(

Is the lower temp rating stat only available from SBD or was it used on any other Vauxhall applications ?

Ash

I only know mine came from SBD.  Havent heard of anybody else supplying them? Doesnt mean that they are not an OEM part tho.

• 2 weeks later...

The stat is available off the shelf from Vauxhall dealers. Can't remember the part number but i'll try to post it on here if I can find the receipt.

Not sure why people are suggesting you bleed the stat? When it opens as the engine gets up to temperature air is bled out when the coolant flows through it, so it's not necessary to do it. You just need to let the engine cool back down again & top up with coolant afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Did you find a way of getting the excess air (and water) out of the system ? :devil:

I think the answer to that one is definitely yes :0  :down: