VX SBD 75 DEG, THERMOSTAT

scott beeland

Fitted  SBD thermostat yesterday (the one with the tapped oilway cap bleed facility)

How do I bleed it to make sure air is all out?

Prolly a stoopid question.....but you know me and techie stuff :blush:  :(

Scott - gotta say it mate but yor avatar is  :arse:  :arse: (IMHO)  :D  :D  :D  :D  Whatever happened to your car pics  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:

And who is Tank Girl  :p  :durr:  :durr:

Tank Girl is NOT the kind of girl you'd take to meet your parents :0  :love:

Does anyone know what I have to do with this fuggin stat?

Does anyone know what I have to do with this fuggin stat?

Dunno... Does it have 3 holes in the outer lip? If so, fit it, fill the engine, and run up to temp with the header tank cap OFF. Switch off at about 90 degrees, and let the water settle. If it all disappears, allow the water to cool for a while (IE DON'T put cold coolant into a hot engine...) then top up and repeat. Once you can't get any more in, if it's behaving normally, it's done. If not, what I had to do was remove the thermostat housing again, and fill the water galleries in the head from there. That got it...

DISCLAIMER. I have no idea if I have an SBD thermostat, and even if I did, it would have made no difference to how I attacked the problem...

tank girl was a class cartoon :)

the bloke who did it  - jamie hewitt - also did the artwork for the senseless things albums - including postcard CV

great album :)

postcard_half.jpg

happy memories :D

after that slight digression :D

i have the aforementioned SBD thermostat fitted

heres a dodgy photo where you can just about see it

res9893.sized.jpg

my engine bleeds via the small line back to the header tank which you can see running along the cam cover.  i have never touched the stat when bleeding the engine. (but there again i am much more knowelagble of the discography of the sensless things than i am off bleeding engines)

you could always run the engine up to temp, undo the bleed screw slightly and see if air or water comes out ??? if air run until water and tighten

OiOi

Oioi. Plumbed as mine so I'll just run it up and see what happens.

Tank girl is indeed fine. My kind of woman :D

Attitude without Silicone :D  :p

Apparently not... :D

You got them ACB10's on order yet?

Will be on for Loton next Sunday :devil:

Gonna try 6" all round until I can shell out on some 7" rear rims

After a long chat with a few of my friends in the competition tyre supply game I have opted for 32r supersofts again.

We have a theory that going 205 on the back in 32r will give plenty of grip and feel/ progression back to the car.(i used to run 185)

Yes the ACB is lots lighter....but then my car/ rims aren't that light so we didn't see it would make a vast difference.

The compound of 32r super and the acb 10 softest is damn near the same.

Add to that  the fact that I still use the car a hell of a lot on the road; by staying with 32 r I avoid the tramlining issues inherent with a crossply tyre.

Will find out how it goes at Loton....and I'll let you know

After all..If it's not good I know what the answer is.

Note.....Also a VAST difference in price between 205 32r and 7" ACB  :0  :0  :0  :0