xflow

sir camel toe

Can only see the engine number paul so it might not of been done by vulcun just that the last two owners that i know say it was.Is this the only way of telling mate

The only other way to know for sure is to measure cam lift with a dial gauge, to determine what cam you have, and then a look down the bores with a borescope to see if it's possible to tell what pistons are fitted. I doubt it myself...

Othe than that, it'll need to come apart for a proper look. The most important thing for a X-flow (as far as I know, and I'm NOT a X-flow expert) is to try to determine if it has been fitted with forged pistons. If it hasn't, I woldn't be trying for too much power. The pistons will definitely be the weak point if they're cast, and especially so if they're the 1300GT pistons which are often used in the 1700cc conversions that every other X-flow seems to have had done....

You say that Mr B,but Vulcans use cast pistons in their 145bhp motors,so don't expect a sensible mileage from them.I would go to a rolling road and get it checked over.I had a 110 bhp motor fromVulcans,many moons ago.If you are running DCOE's,the mani jets were 100 and the chokes for the air were 30mm i think.Seems that if you look at the mains and deduct 10,that should give you a 'rough' estimate from other car tuning,like when I went to 135bhp,then were 125's

Yup. Roger King reckons an "enthusiastically driven" x-flow with cast 1300GT pistons would need new ones at around 20K...