xflow

sir camel toe

To get help, first you need to help yourself.

If you have a full race Mass Xflow in it, then nothing much will make it go faster.

However, if it is absolutely bog standard, then almost any well thought out mod will help.

Whats the current spec of your engine? :t-up:

when i bought it the lad said it was tuned by vulcan to what spec i do not know  have no paper work regarding that i know its a1700 its got twin 40s thats about all i now really

whats the best way of making the crossflow faster  then chaps and how much .

Push harder on the accelerator? :down:

Sorry! :blush:

Spend some dosh on a rolling road* 1st. That way, you'll see if the engine is performing akin to it's current spec (i.e. if it isn't, correct any probs before you carry out mods). and you'll also be able to talk to experts who are bound to have worked on many Xflow'd Westfields before (i.e. they'll be more than glad to suggest a whole host of mods - and associated prices - I would have thought).

In the end, consider the cost of your mod programme against an engine swap (the latter's at least £3k I reckon...others will know better).

However, unless you're a professional motorsports driver, then I reckon quickest (and probably cheapest overall) way to make the car go faster is to learn to drive quick (i.e. get some instruction). Then I'd ensure I had the stickiest rubber, the best and most appropriate brakes and the finest suspension setup known to mankind before I did extensive work on the engine (rolling roaders will normally be able to comment on all those anyway, so they're still worth a visit).

*I see you're in Derby. Northampton Motorsports comes highly recommended. So do John Noble Motorsports in Chesterfield.

If it was a Vulcan unit, look at the front left corner of the block, where the engine number is, thay stamp a new number which represents what was done. I.e 135234 = 135BHP 234 cam.

Failing that an exchange 135BHP bare engine is around £1000 from Vulcan.

This can be upped to 145bhp with nothing other than a cam change.

Steve is a very helpfull chap. worth a ring.

If you have a full race Mass Xflow in it, then nothing much will make it go faster.

Apart from a lighter driver  :blush:

And Fuel !!!!!!!!! :p  :p  :D  :D

And Fuel !!!!!!!!! :p  :p  :D  :D

Three marshalls? :D