Welsh Weekend

Turbo Tommo

Well, myself and the Welsh Wizard have just got back from a top day at Llandow...

You're not going to believe this guys, but it didn't rain. :0

Looks like more alternative propulsion methods were being investigated:

1803.jpeg

In seriousness, this was the result of a rather scary suspension failure (sorry, I don't know the name of the driver, but his face is familiar from a number of SS events I've spectated at :blush:), 2/3rds of the way down the straight into the bus-stop:

1801.jpeg

(apologies for the crap focus on that picture...)

However, as usual, the WSCC support team were on the scene in seconds (Ok, several seconds ;)) to lend a hand:

1802.jpeg

Congratulations to Westy for breaking the class record. Unfortunately for him, Ash Mason also beat the class record by a further 2 tenths.

Top day, good to see everyone again.

And, yes, I'll say it again.

I WAS IN WALES, AND IT DIDN'T RAIN :0

Andy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mrs Westy

• Turbo Tommo

• Mark Stanton

• adhawkins

Congratulations to Westy for breaking the class record. Unfortunately for him, Ash Mason also beat the class record by a further 2 tenths.

Westy didn't take the class record, he missed it by 0.16, but you're right, Ash did take it by 0.19 (on only his 4th ever lap of the track  :0  :0  :0 )

What you may be referring to is the scandalous "Tommogate" incident, in which Ash's new record was usurped when Turbo Tommo, running in the wrong class, was mistakenly given it, even though he was on list 1Bs and no windscreen.  But you'll have to wait for the commentary to hear all about it   :D

Westy didn't take the class record, he missed it by 0.16, but you're right, Ash did take it by 0.19 (on only his 4th ever lap of the track  :0  :0  :0 )

Ah, I got the wrong end of the stick then. I thought Keith told me he'd beat it by a tenth, and Ash beat him by a further 2 tenths...

:blush:

Andy

Whaddaya mean, the wire netting's crystal clear :arse:  :D

Yeah...isn't auto focus great? :)

Andy

ah hem yes thanks for the pics ad

Richard was driving at the time