How many of you love winter Westying?

Westfields Rock On

Can wait for winter Westfielding.

Love bombing around in the westy when is cold and rainy. Adds to the experience.

Anyone else like a cold wet blast?  :p  ???  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Dunno about wet, but I drive mine when it's cold...

Makes washing it afterwards a little less pleasant of course ;)

Andy

Cold *and* wet is not good. As a despatch rider, it was the worst part of working during the winter. The early onset of hypothermia is dangerous too, so I avoid cold and wet whenever possible. Cold is fine. Wet is less fine. Both together ramps up the risks that we already take with other factors such that I *really* don't want to be outside riding or driving an open vehicle if there is the possibility of rain, and the temp is below about 5 degrees C.

Short hops in those conditions are OK, but don't you just love Sunday morning blasts when the temperature is low, but the sun is shining?   The roads are empty, and the air is crisp.   To me that is the pinnacle of Westie driving!

but don't you just love Sunday morning blasts when the temperature is low, but the sun is shining?   The roads are empty, and the air is crisp.   To me that is the pinnacle of Westie driving!

I agree. It's a totally different experience than those lazy sunny July *cough* days.

Great for a hangover cure too

Yes, nothing like it for clearing the cobwebs out of the brain cell!

The December pic on the calendar was a great trip, so cold it bought tears to the eyes, but what a blast!

You can keep the rain, but cold is no issue.

Got caught in a snow fall once, was a great experience but luckerly was not settling.....that would of been a bit too much for little old me. :)

No windscreen, so...wind is ok (as long as you've got a hat) but "Rain = Pain".

However, given how rarely I now get it* out during the summer, I SORNed over last winter and am v. likely to do the same this year.

*the car

I went for a blat last week at night . . . headlights were pretty good at illuminating 5 yards in front of the car but not much else . . . but an amazing drive, the moon and stars were bright, almost nobody else about, at least nobody sober, out over the hills on an open country road, still making good progress.  Absolutely amazing.  The car seems to sound different too.

I can't wait for the winter, I love the frosty mornings with clear blue sky, awesome in the country.  

What tyre choice would be good for cold weather driving ?

headlights were pretty good at illuminating 5 yards in front of the car but not much else

I've just bought some new bulbs for mine to see if they make a difference. Si (aka Studbuckle) reckon they are...

Andy

last january i did a blast from newcastle to Skye and back over a weekend.  it was proper cold with a few snow flurries.  it was also incredibly stoopid as it was really ******g cold (especially in an aeroscreened car with no heater) and there were times when i could feel the concentration going :0

however I am planning on making it an annual event :0:0

i think it will be called the blat to oblivion

if anybody cares to join me let me know :D:D it will be done at proper speeds to try and keep the fear levels up to keep the undies warm :)

OiOi

Well av jus cum doon from the Isle of Skye

Its a wee  bit coold but me Westie's dry

The fingers ave seized up and the nobs gone purple

Donald weres yer troosers :sheep: