16v

sir camel toe

Hi chaps do any of you know any body that has fitted a pug mi 16v engine into a westy if so got any info.Reason i ask is ive got one sitting round out of my old 309 gti and i think it would be a good engine in a westy with my TBS strapped on

:devil:

cheers daz

Can't say I've ever heard of a Pug engine in a Westfield. I imagine that unless you're handy with a spanner and welding gear, then it'd be a pretty difficult task (purely cos it's not one of the engines the chassis is designed to accept).

Andy

Think you will find the engine is too tall

the engines are  light from wot im told with being made from ally.i think dont quote me but arnt they the same height as the vx 16v

Rob Warrick runs the 16oo unit in his Stryker.

He now holds the under 1700cc hill record at Herwood with it.

It may be worth going to the next event up there and having a chat with him, If it can be done in a stryker I dont see why you could not do it in a Westy.

I have often thourght it would be a good idea, and as a real bonus MASS make PUG units go qiuck too.

the Mi16 engine is too tall. A friend of mine (a qualified automotive engineer, no less) *couldn't* get one to fit, despite having access to all the necessary tools and fabricators...

ill see what can be done with the crossflow

Don't listen too them...

you can do LOTS to a x-flow.

In fairnes it may be cheaper to go for the less apealing option of fitting a zetec or VX.   :devil:  :devil:

What makes the Mi16 so tall ?  It's a rather good engine but seems to take a back seat to the more modern engines, maybe because it's not as easily available ?

I remember seeing a web site by somebody like Dave Andrews, maybe it was him, can't remember now, where he discussed tweaking it to very reasonable power levels.