RWYB day 17th / 18th July Thorny Island

Leon B

Dunno if this has been posted already but I couldnt find it.

Hi final details for the RWUB this weekend at Thorny Island,,, All you need do is turn up at the gate you will be charged £5 to get in follow the signs to the Drag Strip and go to race control give them your admission ticket and sign on thay will charge you £20 total cost for a full days racing will be £25 please bring a helmet you will get a timing ticket for each run with 60ft 1/4 mile times and MPH ther are trophies for the fastest car and bike each day

We look forward to seeing you all at the weekend,,,, Trevor Straightliners (Bishop)

More details here

If I read that right, Thorny Island is on the Isle of Man.

With our experience of the Steam Packet Ferry Co, I can't see many of us wanting to do this....

It's near Portsmouth :-)

Me and a few of the BEC lot are going down on Sunday if any of you CEC lot wan't to show us how it is done :-)

Bazzer

Here. It says

17th / 18th July RWUB, Thorny Island, Isle of Man

So either I can't read, or they can't construct a proper sentence :bangshead:

You're right. Smack bang next to Hayling Island, on the east side. You learn something new every day......

You're right. Smack bang next to Hayling Island, on the east side. You learn something new every day......

So you going to come down on Sunday blatters ?

Not normaly my scene as I like a few more corners :)  But one of my mates is into it so I said I would go for a laugh.

Bazzer

So you going to come down on Sunday blatters ?

Not normaly my scene as I like a few more corners :)  But one of my mates is into it so I said I would go for a laugh.

Bazzer

I might :0

Depends on flight arrivals at Heathrow....

Good to meet you today Leon.

Had a lot more fun than I was expecting only did three runs and was improving my launches each time. Thought that driving in a straight line would be dull but it was actualy quite exciting lining up against people :)

Last run was a 12.99 what did you finish with ? Hope it was not a lunched clutch like my mate in the metalic green ZX12R powered LoCost.

Won't be trading track days for Drag racing though, I think I still prefer the bends :)

Bazzer

Baz, thats only cos you can probably beat Nige when there are bends involved (who did a 12.5 ISTR)  :D

Sorry I didnt get to say hello to the other Westies that were in the queue, I think next year I'll employ a "pusher" to move my car up the queue whilst I go round and watch other runs / natter to people rather than need to stay with the cars most of the time to stop a few of the chavs pushing in all the time  :bangshead:

Chris

Good to meet u too Bazzer :)

I only did one run as I didnt have time to que up again :(  My time was 13.3, not bad for a first attempt ever.  Was hard to get the power down though, very slippy on the start.