• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GWatson

• Bazzer

• Major Stare

• scott beeland

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have three studs on front n/s front hub. Is that dodgy or is three enough.

You don't really need us to answer that do you  :D

Three wheels on my waggon but I'm still rolling along.....who sang that ???

I only have three studs on front n/s front hub. Is that dodgy or is three enough.

You don't really need us to answer that do you  :D

Three wheels on my waggon but I'm still rolling along.....who sang that ???

Ian Wright...fairly recently as well

and nobody noticed that the tread patterns are going in different directions on the photos?  

im surprised i did, cos i had an elsie driver point out to me that my fronts were on the wrong way round.  ive only done 5000 miles like that  :oops:  :blush:  :blush:  :durr:

Right, going to go for the black ones. I need to change two of the wheels for ET23 for the rear as they are all ET38. Anyone interested in two ET38 wheels, will be a good start for a full set, save you a bit of money. They will fit the front no problem. Say £120 for the two they are £100 each. So buy two more that's a total of £320 for the wheels plus £120 for 4 Toyo tyres, that makes a cheap set of new wheels and tyres for £440. Better than £575 new Confused??  :D  :D

Anyone interested in the Monza's £425. £575 new. Only done 500 miles.

Graeme

15mm spacers would be far less aggro, as long as your studs are long enough to accommodate the larger offset.

Blatman,

That's what I thought. I currently run 15mm spacers with my current wheels. I have the proper ones that acutally support the centre of the wheels too. Problem is even with 64mm?? studs, the bolts doesn't completely thread onto the stud, there is around 0.5mm left on the nut. Do you think that would be okay?  Can you get longer, perhaps 70mm?

Other question is, is it possible to get black nuts from anywhere, rather than silver.

Adequate nut engagement is equivalent to 1.5 times the diameter of the stud. So a Ford 12mm stud needs to go 18mm in to the nut.  If you have 5mm left of useful nut before the stud comes out teh end of it, then you have plenty...

Other question is, is it possible to get black nuts from anywhere, rather than silver.

Yes, but you run the risk of being charged with grevious bodily harm! :D

Saw a Caterham with Weller (?) steel wheels today. Looked pretty good actually.

Dons flak jacket and crawls under desk...

If I do pass on the Pro Race wheels, the guy is looking for £400, would anyone be interested at that price? Brand new with 205/50 15VR Toyo's. I will probably buy them off him then if I can't sell the Monza's I'll sell the Pro Race.

P&P would be around £30 if needbe.

Graeme