Westy Ower on Top Gear

alan dixon

:D:D ...t'was I!!...I only said it cos I knew he'd bite!!...Jeremy's a friend of a good friend of mine, so she got me and my brother on his guest list last Wednesday. I'd been speaking with him for a good five mins in the tea-break before that bit was shot, and have to say, is a thoroughly nice chap, very personable and chatty, not at all like they portray him on telly

Hey Spencer, my brother (RX8 owner with red Ferrari T-shirt) and my brother in law were there also. He mentioned there was a Westy owner in the audience  :t-up:  :t-up:

I didn't get to see the show last night, as I spent the day at Party in the Park, but I know my brother recorded it.

David

Edited to add that my brother also said Jeremy was a top bloke  :D  :D

Hey Spencer, my brother (RX8 owner with red Ferrari T-shirt) and my brother in law were there also. He mentioned there was a Westy owner in the audience    

Yeah, I remember him!...black RX8, hmm, v nice!

...small world, my Girlfriend was part of the security team for Party in the Park yesterday as well, AND....if that's your car in your avatar, then I helped to build it down at SBD all those years ago!!...spooky!  :oops:  :D ....either that, or you've stuck on identical sticker to them that Steve had!

Yeah, I remember him!...black RX8, hmm, v nice!

...small world, my Girlfriend was part of the security team for Party in the Park yesterday as well, AND....if that's your car in your avatar, then I helped to build it down at SBD all those years ago!!...spooky!  :oops:  :D ....either that, or you've stuck on identical sticker to them that Steve had!

Tis a small world :D  :D

It is my car in the avatar. :D  :cool:

I know it was built by Steve Broughton for the 1995 BARC championship (which he won)  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

He then sold the car on, less lots of the racing goodies, and built a fresh car for the 1996 season. After that I know very little about its history, untill the previous owner :(  :(

If you know anymore, I would love to hear about it.

Cheers

David

I missed that Top Gear, were they having a go at Westys?

Why have they never got one for the stig to take round there track, or are they to afraid that it will come in as the quickest and make their precious expensive cars that they've done so far look silly?

I recall, the XTR2 held the record for the fastest lap for a long time, even beat the zonda, did anything beat it in the end????

Karl

The radical beat the XTR, not by much though & only because being turbocharged could get a bit more speed on the straights. Not sure if anything else has beaten that since.

Mark.

I recall, the XTR2 held the record for the fastest lap for a long time, even beat the zonda, did anything beat it in the end????

Karl

Yes it did hold the record untill the Radical beat it.

But they have both mysteriously disappeared from the leader board  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

Anything to do with the fact they cost a fraction of the price of the supercars they have whipped?   :angry:  :angry:  :devil:  :devil:

David