Westy Ower on Top Gear

alan dixon

Saw it too, but good comment from JC I thought very funny.

:p:p

:D:D ...t'was I!!...I only said it cos I knew he'd bite!!...Jeremy's a friend of a good friend of mine, so she got me and my brother on his guest list last Wednesday. I'd been speaking with him for a good five mins in the tea-break before that bit was shot, and have to say, is a thoroughly nice chap, very personable and chatty, not at all like they portray him on telly....been bombarded with texts ever since, saying "why didnt you say Subaru"...cos EVERYONE's got bl**** Scooby's (and he'd have ripped the pi55 even more! )...anyway, gotta wave the flag for the Westie's eh??!! :p

I thought it was a pretty good show tonight.   What did you all think of the Dutch hairdresser mobile?

The tug of war was priceless too :D:D:D:D:D

Spyker looked bit weird in the flesh, not really a fan. Great build quality from what I could see, and sounded gorgeous, but odd proportions, too small for a >£100k car, I'd buy a Maser and save the other £50k-odd (if I was after that sort of thing, and er, if I could afford it! )

Spyker had a car at Le Mans, actually in the race last year. I think it came last....

It was also the most repulsive car I have ever seen. It clearly fell out of the ugly tree, and hit every branch on the way down. Clarkson made much of the fact that it comes from those mad, drug fuelled folk in Amsterdam. I'm forced to agree....

What did you all think of the Dutch hairdresser mobile?

Would now be a good time to mention swmbo surname is Spijker... try saying it without the J...

:D

Edited to add: The connection has been traced to her Great, Great, Great, Great Grandad being one of the brothers Jacobus or Hendrick Jan Spijker that orginally set up the company, but we're not sure which one.

Website is here....

That Spyker thing must have been the worst handling car that has ever been on the show, it was terrible, even after they had 'fixed it'.  As for the looks :0

those mad, drug fuelled folk in Amsterdam.

Oi, ease up on us, folks!

I agree that the Spyker is a brothel on wheels, which suits the Amsterdam connection.

There is a nother dutch car company though which makes cars better suited for our tastes! One problem though it costs more than the Queen Mary 2

driekwart-voren.jpg

Donkervoort

Spencer

Shame you didn't respond with

"Westy's are smart enough to avoid the accidents caused by the I'm safe in my 5 star car"

Also thought last night's show was top draw, made I, SWMBO and 20 year old larf

I agree that the Spyker is a brothel on wheels, which suits the Amsterdam connection.

Klarse  :D

Shame you didn't respond with

"Westy's are smart enough to avoid the accidents caused by the I'm safe in my 5 star car"

:D  yeah, should've done eh!!...got to be honest, kacked meself when he shoved that microphone in my face...complete brain-fade! :0