Ian's Ferrari wright-off

Peter Cox

I have a feeling that gaffer tape is the white tape used by TV and film types to take care of all sorts of jobs on set. I have witnessed them calling the tape gaffer tape many times, despite it looking nothing like what I thought gaffer tape was. Lots of jobs in the film and TV industry carry the word gaffer as part of the job description, so it makes a kind of sense (to me at least). Next time I see a friendly producer/director/gaffer, I'll ask....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• scruffythefirst

• Dracoro

• Peter Cox

Went to see my Mum & Dad yesterday and was greeted by "have you heard of Ian Wright?"..... said yes and was then shown the picture of his car accident in the local paper as his accident happened at the end of their road in South Croydon!! He lives in a private road about 400 yards away which as kids we used to call Millionaire's Row as the likes of Cliff Richard and Ronnie Corbett had houses there backing onto a golf course.

and the answer is yes, he was pulling out from a T junction when the 'accident' happened..... ;)

Does anyone know the actual road it happened on? I live in South Croydon, so I'd best get the westie out and go round see Ian Wright and tell him how to drive without TC ;):D:D

I have a feeling that gaffer tape is the white tape used by TV and film types to take care of all sorts of jobs on set. I have witnessed them calling the tape gaffer tape many times, despite it looking nothing like what I thought gaffer tape was. Lots of jobs in the film and TV industry carry the word gaffer as part of the job description, so it makes a kind of sense (to me at least). Next time I see a friendly producer/director/gaffer, I'll ask....

Gaffer tape is Duct/duck tape. :p  I start on tuesday as 1st camera assistant so I'm probably wrong.  The white tape is camera tape and used for writing on and marking focus etc.

Scruffy

I'v heard it referred to as gaffer tape many times. I've been around the media for 20+ years... :p

I'v heard it referred to as gaffer tape many times

I wouldnt be surprised, I'm just going by the 1st camera assistants manual as I have no practical experience, what-so-ever :D:D:D roll on tuesday

Scruffy

cheers,

the boss is picking me up from my door at 7.30! :0  Since finishing uni I havent been out of bed before 10am, so the 6.30am start to make the first of a 3 days shoot on wednesday is going to be interesting :D

:D

What shoot where? What's the gig?

Oh yeah, you remember we discussed customs issues recently? Since then, I haven't been able to move a single piece of kit either in to, or out of the states without completing a sodding *full* FAA declaration. They're being *really* picky....

Tuesday is somewhere in london, probably for BAT but I'm not sure yet.  the 3 dayer is all for trains monthly.  Sucks about the customs.

Have you had a change to find your cossie manual yet?  I think I'll have to call burtons tommorow and ask anyway - I've had 2 doesn't matter and 1 for each possible way round :bangshead:.  Need loads of bits anyway....

London. That place where I live and work. You remember....

I won't be able to lay my hands on my Cossie manual until tomorrow, so give Burtons a shout. If Burtons can't help, have a look for HT Racing, or John Wilcox Engineering. I have been a satisfied customer of both, as well as Burtons.

You remember....

Yeah.... may it rest in peace :p

Cheers,

Got to get some sleep so I can pick my block back up at crack of sparrows (10am) tommorow :D

Night

Dracoro

The accident was at the junction of Ballards Way (my parents road) and Combe Lane at the top of Gravel Hill.  ;)

and like I said, he lives in Bishop's Walk.......  :D