Sick of the Scumacher admiration society

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

Fact is, Ferrari has beaten the pants off every other manufacturer.   Instead of slagging off a driver that is obviously head and shoulders better than the opposition (even if we do all think he's hateful), and despising Ferrari for their tactical prowess, perhaps we should be hating what Herr Ecclestone has done to the event!

If the TV companies had anything about them, they'd all be clamouring to sign contracts with different formulae to bring some racing ACTION to our screens - over to you on that one Blatman ;)

FWIW, a few rounds of Lo-Cost racing would soon pull in the punters, and show how appalling F1 really is!

You do have to take your hat off to Schumacher and Ferrari, they took the race by the scruff of the neck, and made everyone else look simply ordinary.   More worrying than the fact that he won was the margin between the first 2 cars, and the rest of the field.

He is only where he is because Formula 1 has turned into a corporate game where races are won and lost in the wind tunnel, in the design lab or in the pits, rarely on the race track by a determined driver against driver

No offence but that is one of THE most ridiculous comments I've ever heard about him.

He is where he is because he has helped turn Ferrari (as he did with Benetton) from a middle ranking F1 team to THE class act. He is the best development driver and one of the best drivers. The other teams have drivers who are apparently equal or better to Schumacher, but they've yet to prove it. It's a team effort and a big part of that revolves around the driver communicating and giving feedback. Probably the reason Mclaren are struggling so much - they've got the 2 biggest whingebags in F1 as their drivers - never anything constructive to say.

Like it or not, F1 will probably never be exciting to watch - too many aero and driver aids nowadays and I can't see that changing.

It's amazing that for someone who is so fantastically good at his sport, he's so knocked. Just 'cos he's not english I guess? It was the same with Prost, Senna etc - but I reckon most people look back with Rosetinted specs and forget they used to knock them as well  :bangshead:

If the TV companies had anything about them, they'd all be clamouring to sign contracts with different formulae to bring some racing ACTION to our screens - over to you on that one Blatman

If there was any money in other formulae, then the TV companies would back them. Fact is, advertisers won't buy time in the advert break during {insert name of preferred formulae here}. At least, not during "prime time" om a Sunday afternoon, or even "proper" prime time during race in Canada/USA etc.

You can watch plenty of racing on TV, but you need to pay Mr Murdoch for the privelige, although Eurosport is free, AFAIK. If Motors TV is also free, then what are you waiting for? This week, I've watched live ALMS, a 2 hour review of Le Mans, the BTCC, (with Tim Harvey commentating), some DTM (a Brit is leading the championchip, IIRC), British GT's, C******m racing, F3000, some rallying yadda yadda yadda. So there is a choice, and in order to have that choice, you have to pay. No-one said life was fair.....

I agree with the French director being crap, but we'll get our own back this week....NOT... especially if it's an ITV director. I expect to see a lot of the Ferrari's this weekend... which'll keep James Allen happy at least. However, he's still one of the worst commentators out there...

If Motors TV is also free

MotorsTV is indeed free. You might need a card to view it, but you don't need a subscription.

If anyone really cares I'll take the card out of my Sky box tonight and see if I still get MotorsTV.

EuroSport however isn't free (I don't think). You have to have one of Sky's subscription packages to receive it (although I don't think you have to have Sky Sports).

Sky Sports also have quite a lot of motorsport coverage if you like Nascar, IRL, ChampCar and the like.

Andy

Yup. I was focussing on what I thought were free channels. I can't remember, 'cos we get the all for free.......  :p