Sick of the Scumacher admiration society

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

All through the French GP the commentary was SO sycophantic about bl**dy Schumacher and Ferrari. OK, so he is good but do they really have to bang on ALL the time about it? vomit.gif

All through the French GP the commentary was SO sycophantic about bl**dy Schumacher and Ferrari. OK, so he is good but do they really have to bang on ALL the time about it?  

So who's going to put him to bed then??? :(

You can't really see a chink in the armour yet!!! :(  :(  :(

B.

No, regrettably. There's no-one reliable. Sato might do it if he can stop blowing up his engines, but that would be a sh*t-or-bust manoeuvre. Alonso was doing alright but that's not good enough against a robot. :(

Would that Senna were still around. ???

OK so Schumacher is good but I don't have to like him.

He is only where he is because Formula 1 has turned into a corporate game where races are won and lost in the wind tunnel, in the design lab or in the pits, rarely on the race track by a determined driver against driver.

It used to be called Formula 1 RACING but now it is a glorified sprint based on practice times.

IMO "Racing" is all about drivers being able to overtake each other and then the overtaken have a go to get it back and for it to be repeated all down the field and throughout the race.

I don't need to see crashes, I don't want to see anyone hurt but I do want to be able to tell when someone is trying hard without looking at a stop watch or telemetry. That normally means seeing them catch up with the car in front in a reasonable space of time and overtake.

I think that Max Mosley's resignation is a signal that even an insider has got sick of the problems.

Rant mode off/

DAvid.

Boring......... :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

I'd rather watch the tennis :devil: .....(especially the Ladies) :love:

F1 has become a boring farce. Racing is about overtaking on the track not the pits. Try watching MotoGP or Superbikes..now THATS racing! :p

Schu is a good driver.........very good. But he's not doing himself any favours by winning all the time, its also not doing the sport any good press either :down:

He won todays race on tactics..........FACT !!!!!!!!

Whilst I'm no fan of Schumacher, please remember that the tactics required him to drive his b*****k* off for 8-10 laps so that Brawns tactics would actually get him the win.

Like I say, I don't like him, but you have to admire the way he gets the job done, especially in those situations when they change tactics half way through the race...

Second place would have done for the championship but he went for the win, how he won is down to the way the rules are made and used to an advantage.

I have to say I think he shouldn't throw the race just for the benefit of F1, and I would be the first to concede he is the best since Jim Clark in his natural ability.

In my humble opinion, if the rules were more like the Moto GP rules and didn't allow ANY pit stops it'd be more like a car race rather than something from the Royal Tournament competition where they break down a gun and carry it across a "chasm" - i.e. the pits and the tactics room are the race, not the circuit. If there have to be two heats per race then so be it.

My initial beef was with the commentators' toadying attitude. I normally get bored and slope of into another room but it even nauseated me through a doorway!

my biggest frustration was the french direction - even when something interesting might have been happening we were watching alonso lap by himself.  why - cos he was in a freench car

ive never understood why a business that wants to put on a show allow local partisan amateurs do the tv direction.  surely if it is all about the show then employ a full time profesional director to do all the races, trather than the crap we got shown today :angry::angry:

Seconded... French director should be shot

As for the race, sorry procession, how the hell can they let somebody who makes 4, four for f##k sake, pit stops win a race... :(

I don't need to see crashes, I don't want to see anyone hurt but I do want to be able to tell when someone is trying hard without looking at a stop watch or telemetry. That normally means seeing them catch up with the car in front in a reasonable space of time and overtake.

I'm talking from a position of complete ignorance here as I taped it yesterday but can't be arsed to watch it.

I agree with David above, however having said that, the most exciting races for me have been when the safety car has been deployed. Silverstone last year springs to mind after that loony in a kilt started wandering about the track. More safety cars please!

Boring......... :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

I'd rather watch the tennis :devil: .....(especially the Ladies) :love:

Agrreed especially with that Siberian Babe Maria Sherpavanoff!! :love:  :love:  :love:

Buzz  :love: