makin car lighter faster

sir camel toe

Another major factor is driving skill/ability/balls/ :D

I thrash my xflow powered westy to within an inch of it's life, the handling , grip and general roadholding mean I p*** all over my mates cars.....ok they might beat me to 60, but they can't carry anywhere nr the same speed on corners and roundabouts!

God I realy got to try a track day :D

but then I got to buy a quieter silencer, I think 112db and 0.5 meters is a tad loud for tracks lol.

speaking of which....what equipment will I need for  track day? I know i'll want a helmet.....but do I need a race liscence to compete in sprints etc?

*this post has been bought to you by the drunken ramblings of Pezza, and the beer carling!*

muchos love and hugs to all

Pez x

*this post has been bought to you by the drunken ramblings of Pezza, and the beer carling!*

Prefer red wine myself.

Hic!

:D

Andy

Works for me! :t-up:

Andy

lol my fiancee used to drink that..i've been a lager/bitter/stout fan since I could get served in my local at 15 :)

Incidently, my usual haunt is where the cure played their first ever gig :o

the only ever good thing to come out of Crawley apart from moi :D

Pez x

I used to be a beer drinker, but at my age (oi, watch it) can't put away enough to get me drunk. I get to the 'stomach is full so I need to throw up' stage long before I get to the 'Wahey' stage :D

However, wine on the other hand...

Hic!

Andy

So, whilst Nob Ravins X-flow may well have the licking of lots of Zeteces, when a Zetec is prepped to the same "full race" spec, the Zetec will again be more powerful, and more torquey

Blatters

I have just had a look here to see how far you can go with comparing my x-flow against a top spec zetec.  I have used the carb engine as that is what mine is running.

I know its not a fair assesment because my car is only 1700cc and the zetec listed is 2000cc.

I have to admit I am not as worried as I should be about these figures IF this is the most you can go to without carbs.  Has any one got more out of the zetec without going TB's and have you any idea what a 1800 engine would be producing ?

:p

Not wanting to start a mines bigger than yours thread I am genuinly intrested in seeing some actual results

Like for like would mean that if your x-flow is all steel, with uprated rods, head work, biggest valves etc etc, then the raceline ZetecR on the Raceline site claims 250bhp. I don't think carbs or throttle bodies will make any difference as far as output goes, but TB's will make a massive difference to drivability. So the point I'm making is still valid, as far as power goes. TB's will deliver that power better, but the upper limits are still the same, IE, a full race Zetec (and I believe Mountune made a 270bhp Zetec) will still make way more power than a full race x-flow, and so it should.

I would expect a full race 1800 Zetec to produce around 240bhp, given that Matt Seabrooks 1800 produces 210bhp, and, whilst it's an excellent engine, it certainly doesn't have expensive steel internals that we could compare with your 1700. So the like for like argument holds water even for similar capacity engines, IMHO.

My concern was with the advice given to The Bear, as it is clearly erroneous, and IMO, mis-leading.

Make no mistake though, Rob, I have nothing but admiration for your motor, and the way it goes.......

b*******.... :down:

TB's will make a massive difference to drivability

Massive difference?? Surely `an improvement`  is the better anallergy

I`m not convinced. Firstly I have never driven a TB`d westy but well sorted carbs cant be far off IMHO. I appreciate that carbs, Webers in particular, are good at `filling in` the flat spots and therefore are more progressive but I`m sure that the characteristics of the same engine on one or the other would hardly be that noticeable ............... driveability or performance wise .................... would it  :durr: .............and yes, I understand that the TB`s are more fuel efficient and in theory then thermal energy efficiency must improve but its whether its tangible or not...........