Bird Strike

Crash Override

Damm those birds :angry:  :angry:

Today I poped out for a quick blat into town to pick up a loft ladder, just driving round the bypass chased by a motorbike  :devil: and all of a sudden I see a bird swoop down in front of the car, didn't hear anything or see where the bird went and thought that was a lucky miss :0 and carried on.

On arriving home I noticed that the N/S headlight had been disloged in the bowl and was covered in blood, guts and feathers and there was a trail of guts down the side of the car as far back as the rear wheel arch, damm it I thought how much is the headlight going to cost me :angry: .

But on further investigation I found that it wasn't broke *phew* just spent abit of time cleaning it up and reassembling it, I shall nip and get the alignment checked Thursday as I don't know if the bowl has moved.

Just a very strange incident as I'm sure the bird dive bombed in front of the car, I mean how stupid is that :durr:

Has anyone had similar occurances to this and what damage was caused if any?

How were you going to get a loft ladder in a westy though.

A picture of that would be more intresting than the bird strike.

Glad you have no other dammage though :D

Interesting story Malc. You know the way birds sometimes swoop close in front of a car (crossing the road effectively)? Well, I had one do that to me while I was in the Westfield, and I swear it flew behind the windscreen...

:0

Andy

I was out one Sunday morning having a blat with Sedsy, when a Kestrel swooped down mistaking me for a mouse!

It changed it's mind at the last minute, but I swear, I felt the wind off it's wings.   I just saw it out of the corner of my eye at the last moment, but Sedsy saw the whole thing.   I was amazed!

I can understand how you can be mistaken for a mouse Neil... :0

I'd love to have seen the expression of the bird if it had tried to lift you up ;)

Andy

pictures ?
Sorry I haven't got the facility to take digi pics or to scan normal ones if I took them.

How were you going to get a loft ladder in a westy though.
It's not as hard as you think, a triple extending loft ladder fits quite well into the passenger footwell and leant against the top of the passenger seat.

Pics see above, would of been better to get pics of peoples faces as I drove back through town with it :D

and I swear it flew behind the windscreen...
WOW now that would have made a great action picture :cool:

and I swear it flew behind the windscreen...
WOW now that would have made a great action picture :cool:

I could have been wrong, but it was one of those 'What the oops, i said a naughty word!!' moments...

:0

Andy

I was out one Sunday morning having a blat with Sedsy, when a Kestrel swooped down mistaking me for a mouse!

It changed it's mind at the last minute, but I swear, I felt the wind off it's wings.   I just saw it out of the corner of my eye at the last moment, but Sedsy saw the whole thing.   I was amazed!

WOW another great action shot :D

I think we should all have video cameras with wide angle lenses fitted to our westys in order to capture these amazing things :D  :cool: , what do you think?

You gonna pay for them?

If so, I'm game :D

Andy

You gonna pay for them?

If so, I'm game :D

Andy

Yeah right :p I'm still trying to recover from paying for the westy.

:xmas: Maybe I'll get one for christmas, Santa?

:)

You can dream I guess...make sure it's a light one.

My mate attached his to my roll bar on a track day and it vibrated so much, the tripod mount has buckled...

Andy

I see Demon Thieves do video system kits in there motorsport 2004 catalogue page 308 if anyone is interested.