F1 Cars in London

chrisbin

I drink with the maclaren test team .......... car spec from them wil be a 2002 car ,barriers are being properly errected as they expect much more than 30mph........should actually be quite a good show .

Though i do agree that the problems with seeing things may be a tad of a problem as the pavements are not exactly wide in some parts of regent street .

I will go  proberbly if i can arrange a suitable appointment in the area :cool:

Ah so now we now why Mclaren are so ****e this year!! :bangshead:

Theyve done no testing cos they have all been out getting p******** all the time!!

:)

LOL.......no but ,the car is s**t , they will even tell you , and you heard it here first  but the new one aint a huge amount better.

and we only have a few beers on a friday night when they are back from a test .....................................

What are they testing!! :oops:

"Ah well we know the car is ****e but lets test it again just to make sure we know what is going to go wrong with it this weekend"

:durr:

• 2 weeks later...

Blatman was right

I wouldn't go if you paid me, and I know that part of London as well as, if not better than I know my home borough.....

Traffic and tubes will be hell, spectating crap

Leicester Sq, Piccadilly, Oxford Circus, Bond St tube stations all closed.

Walked in from Charing Cross, Pavements in Regents St 9 deep in people, no chance of seeing anything,  Big screens in Argylle St and Hanover Sq had about 100yds of people standing in front of them.  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Distant sounds of  F1 exhausts trumpeting their progress.

Generally very dangerous in the crush, especially if you got there early enough to be next to the barriers, and won't bother next time.

But I had to try, it might have been worth it.

Pity, cos I really want to be a fan. :(

David.

See what you mean but quite cool though...

Picture taken by a CateringVan driving friend of mine

1727.jpeg

I know, I know...

Should be back soon.

Andy

Watched it live on sky news interactive was quite a giggle.

Mansell out did the others with a monster burn out!!!!

:D