F1 Cars in London

chrisbin

The Regent Street Association says Ferrari, Williams-BMW, BAR-Honda, McLaren-Mercedes, Toyota, Jaguar, Jordan and Minardi will all be represented when F1 hits London  on July 6.

Only Sauber and Renault are expected absentees.

The event, on the Tuesday before the British Grand Prix, will see major parts of London closed down for the demo, at the height of rush hour from 6pm to 8pm.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for London to see Formula 1 cars in action," said event organiser Harvey Goldsmith. "This event is a major achievement for Regent Street and an attraction that will draw attention worldwide.

"This event has taken a lot to put together and it is down to the hard work of The Crown Estate, Regent Street Association, Westminster City Council's Special Events department as well as my own logistics team. Bernie Ecclestone has also been a strong supporter right from the beginning.

"It will add to the case that we are capable of producing world beating events such as the Olympic Games."

The details of the event have yet to be finalised. You will find them here on the ITV F1 website as soon as they are announced.

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:

I wouldn't go if you paid me, and I know that part of London as well as, if not better than I know my home borough.....

Traffic and tubes will be hell, spectating crap (unless you work in a shop or office overlooking Regent Street), and with the state of the road, if they get above 30mph, I'll be staggered..... It's all propaganda. Don't believe the hype....

:(  :(  :(  :(

Oh!

Well my main concern was whether it was going to be possible to get a decent view anywhere......

But it would be nice to hear them...... :cool:  :cool:

But it would be a "Leo Sayer" for me so I certainly need things to be a bit more definite before making plans.... ???

Blatman pulls out gun takes aim.

And shoots him down in a blaze of glory.

:p

:D  :D

Its OK.......was only a question..... ???

and I got an answer..... :(  :down:

I wouldn't go if you paid me, and I know that part of London as well as, if not better than I know my home borough

Well my main concern was whether it was going to be possible to get a decent view anywhere......

Seconded.....

Oxford Circus is the busiest pedestrian junction in europe and is jammed with tourists (and refugees) eg tube shut off for overcrowding every now and again.

Good luck if you go............................

Can't be  :arse: 'd

If you wanna hear something like F1 then get along to a round of the Euro Boss championship with ex F1 cars competing - they're loud  :D  :D

But loud doesn't necessarily mean entertaining  :D  ;)  :D  ;)

Blatman pulls out gun takes aim.

Sorry. Cynical head on..... BUT, I can't emphasise how familiar I am with the roads and such like round that area. I was a courier in London for 17 years, and I still have many contatcs in the industry, and visit the area regularly....as a spectator venue, taking transport and availabe space in to consideration, it's crap. Unless they're going to erect some bleechers or something....

Bring back the Brum Super Prix  :D  :D  :D  Now that was good*  :D  :D

*except perhaps when an accident ocurred and an engine landed on a balcony to a block of flats  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  ;)

*except perhaps when an accident ocurred and an engine landed on a balcony to a block of

I bet they'd got the engine number ground off and it hidden in a lock-up in seconds :)

I bet they'd got the engine number ground off and it hidden in a lock-up in seconds

alroight mayte! arrr thas a bostin enginn :p  :D

moomin

I bet they'd got the engine number ground off and it hidden in a lock-up in seconds

alroight mayte! arrr thas a bostin enginn :p  :D

moomin

Sounds like Westfield parts dept :)

C'mon guys please don't confuse Brum with Black Country  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :D  Tis easily done I know  :D  :D

Bit like all from Sarf are cockneys and all oooop Norf are Yorkies  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:

Yam Yams rule Bostin  :D  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil: