• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Keevil trackday

sjtoolan

No probs, do you know how to work a sequential bike box though, don't want you downshifting when you should be upshifting ........... BANG!

I should warn you that I forgot to adjust my dampers last time out and they were on the softest road settings.... I reckon I might have ya this time when the car is properly set up ... :p  :D  :p

See you Monday hopefully.

Nicko

Car engined types are normally blessed with more mechanical sympathy than us 'frape the living cr@p out of it' BECers.

So when they get in a BEC they still change gear at 8K cos its getting a bit noisy :devil:

So plenty in reserve.  :cool:

Well I had a cracking day on track today.  It stayed dry all day, there were very few cars there so loads of tracktime and not too many 'mobile chicanes'.  And free instruction!  (Would have been better if I could have used my own car - sadly it didn't have a passenger seat after I discovered that my drivers seat mounting brackets had snapped - see "Westfield GRP Race seat brackets" thread here.  So thanks to Steve for the loan of the car with passenger seat - it seemed to give the instructor an interesting back to back comparison of two different driving styles in the same car, and you figured out what was wrong with your gearbox/clutch whilst driving mine.

And the trackday cost saving tip of the day was sponsored by Mr Petty - let your good wife take your wallet to work with her, then you don't have any money to pay for the day!   Genius  :D   Don't worry Nick, we'll meet on the track sometime.  And I would have given you a passenger ride if I'd had a seat!

Simon

I've got some pictures of me telephoning my solicitors to see if 'sabotaging your husband's trackday by way of accidentally on purpose taking his wallet to work with you' constitutes a justification for divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour ....

No, I have calmed down now... honest  :devil:  :devil:

The track was, as Simon said - very quiet. It looked like a prime opportunity to really have a good go at the track with minimum traffic. I nearly took me Jeep round  :D  :oops:  :D

Not bitter, not bitter at all   :blush:

The edpphoto people weren't there, it was that quiet.  I didn't take a single photo, too busy enjoying myself.  I did get someone to video the flames from the two busa cars on overrun, 3.1mb if anyone wants it.

Simon.