• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Keevil trackday

sjtoolan

Just wondering if anyone else was booked into the Motorsport Events trackday at Keevil ths coming Monday, 28th June.  I'll be there to get my newly airboxed 'busa noise tested, and then hopefully have a play on the track if it's quiet enough.  Maybe see some of you there?

Simon.

I still have to address the noise on mine.

One day... :)

Andy

I still have to address the noise on mine.

Tell me about it.  I went up there last year and had it noise tested, was just over the limit.  Didn't have the guts to take it this year for the day Tony Sighe organised, although I did go and spectate.  Have done quite a bit to reduce the noise so hopefully should be fine on Monday.  It will be a shame it if isn't as Keevil is very close to home, is reasonably priced for the day and has a big enough expanse of tarmac for me to get to grips with the car.  So fingers crossed.  

Simon.

Personally I find Hullavington a more interesting track to drive in a Seven, better mix of corners.

It's handy for me, not sure about you (it's just North of the M4, J17)

Andy

Si, I'm up for it providing the gale force winds and horizontal rain have stoppped by then......

You trailering or driving up?

Cheers,

Nicko.

Nick,

Even though it's not that far, I'll take the trailer, then I've got the towcar to stick the jerry cans in.  Planning for success with this noise test you see.  I've booked the day off work so will go whatever the weather.  

Simon.

Personally I find Hullavington a more interesting track to drive in a Seven, better mix of corners.

interesting. I think Hullavington is ok but find it a bit fustrating as there is only 2 corners I can really get to flow together and allow you to play with the car when in a balanced drift. ie the last two before the pits. All the rest are brake hard, corner, accelerate. Fun and easy to get the tail wagging but ultimately not as satisfying. I have been told Keevil had more fast, flowing corners?

Yep, Keevil is more fast and flowing, which (to me) isn't that much fun in a Westfield.

I got an e-mail from MSE today saying they're doing free tuition on Monday...

Andy

I got an e-mail from MSE today saying they're doing free tuition on Monday...

....and half day sessions @ £60

Yep, Keevil is more fast and flowing, which (to me) isn't that much fun in a Westfield.

I guess you have more power than me then, I find I get overtaken out of the slow corners then held up on the fast ones :(

I haven't got excessive power (150 BHP), and find I'm generally quite a bit quicker through the corners than most cars. You get the odd inconsiderate one that won't let you past on the straights cos they've got more power, but generally people are Ok.

Andy

I was at Keevil earlier this month and MSE had changed the circuit layout from how it used to be.  This was forced upon them by a grounded RAF plane waiting for repairs - it had made an emergency landing a few days before.  

According to Ed this was a circuit layout they had been wanting to try but it was the first time they had been allowed to use a different part of the airfield.  It seemed good to me :)  :) although it was my first time at Keevil so can't comapre it to the old circuit layout.  I think MSE are hoping to keep this new layout, but it depends if they are MOD let them.

I think they should have lots of cones and chicanes to try and slow down that blue Duratec .... :blush:  :blush:

Nick, if I'm there can we swap for a few laps, i've never ridden a motor bike  :D  :D  :D