• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Elworthy

• Mark Stanton

• Westfields Rock On

• Jon Murray

Yes Jon, two sets of posts have been removed.

1 - I removed any of my posts that could be vaguely misconstrued as threats just incase the gibbering wrecks (and thats just their cars) got a bit frightened and decided to start torturing our banner rather than returning it.

2 - Somebody called "The Boyz" who also is a regular poster on the RHOC site has deleted the posts where he / she / it / they, confessed to having our Banner. Interestingly they are now posting on their own site trying to convince "sir" that they didn't do it and that they are good boys really.

I suggest that we all register at   http://community.RHOCaR.org.uk and totally congest their chatroom into submission.

All I can say is, because we are considerably Richer than them we are getting a replacement banner as we speak and having it fitted with Tracker.

Ahhh, all is clear  thanks for the update Chris :t-up:  I thought for a minute that another WSCC area had knicked it - which I know is a really stupid thought, but it crossed my mind!  :durr:

Hope you get it back and it doesn't end up with press studs on it as a Tonneau cover.

Jon

I just followed the link to the Robin Hood site and I noticed that the "Boyz" have only posted 2 items on that site and joined on the 23rd May 2003 - that would lead me to think it was a load of b*****k and some prankster trying to stitch up the Robin Hood guys ???

J

??? Just been looking through the posts on here, and on the RHOCAR site regarding the missing banner, but there seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding the whole business.

If something was going to be stolen from a club stand (a fairly pathetic thing for anyone to do) you would have thought that the best time to take it, especially given its size (we aren’t talking about a fag packet here are we?) would have been in the dead of night, when all good westies were tucked up.  You would have also thought that the very worst time to steal it would be in the middle of the afternoon, during a major show, whilst it was surrounded by owners and there cars.  And yet from reading the posts, this seems to have been the time it went missing, with several members of this group having seen it  on the Monday, and one even with photographic evidence!  Just how would such a theft be possible? That’s what puzzles me: if it was stolen, how was it done?  I don’t suppose for a minute that there operates a master criminal solely devoted to the theft of club banners, so perhaps there are other alternatives.  It seems that with everything the club owns someone is made responsible, and there are several unfortunate posts on here that suggest the item was lost by a member:

It’s unfair to blame anyone for losing the banner without proof, but I do think it sounds more plausible than the master criminal theft theory.

Also, after spotting the posts on the RHOCAR site from “THE BOYZ”  and establishing that they only joined on the 23rd of this month and have only ever posted on this topic, this looks suspiciously like some trying to divert attention from the real culprit, and upset members of both clubs, which has been equally successful and pointless.

swanny

FYI I run the RHOCaR website/community and whole webserver. If you do decide to mailbomb/attack my boards/server I will take legal action against you and any IP details that I log.

In this thread so far, all I have seen is a banner that has been mis-placed and you seem to have nothing better to do than attack us in your spare time. I have every single copy of the club mag from 96 and I have never read todate, of one person stealing anything like that, and anyone is welcome to come around and check them all if they please.

To keep the peace I have now banned the The Boyz account, (who has as a comment "******' awful 2b", which would lead me to believe he is not an owner)and I have no idea who it is as it is a hotmail address, and the IP is common to a few members, therefore indicating it is a cache server providing the IP address and not the end users actual IP.

FYI I run the RHOCaR website/community and whole webserver. If you do decide to mailbomb/attack my boards/server I will take legal action against you and any IP details that I log.

In this thread so far, all I have seen is a banner that has been mis-placed and you seem to have nothing better to do than attack us in your spare time. I have every single copy of the club mag from 96 and I have never read todate, of one person stealing anything like that, and anyone is welcome to come around and check them all if they please.

To keep the peace I have now banned the The Boyz account, (who has as a comment "******' awful 2b", which would lead me to believe he is not an owner)and I have no idea who it is as it is a hotmail address, and the IP is common to a few members, therefore indicating it is a cache server providing the IP address and not the end users actual IP.

:zzz: Oh please. This is getting boring now.

Legal action  :durr:

This was getting embarrassingly petty several days ago in my opinion.

I have absolutely no idea where the banner is, whether it was lost or stolen whether 'The Boyz' are bona fide, even whether 'Mat - d - Rat' is who he says he is but I suggest we draw a line under this sorry thread soon and stop making ourselves look even more stupid than we must do already.

:angry:

Yes It is me - You can mail me Matthew at DPS.uk.com and check the owner of the domain if you want. You can also tracert to the server IP address and double check it against www.emailremind.co.uk that I also run on there and double check that against the data protection act that I am also under with the name an company. I am 100% serious as I run all my business on the server that I give free of charge to RHOCaR for my websites. If I feel that threats from here could cause me ANY business loss what so ever I will persue for damages. Users sign up with names like "moremoneythanyou" big deal if you have, I run my own business and am proud of what I do. If you don't believe me check all the IP address/owner ship if you need to (master server name is www.planetdps.com) then you will know (with the exception of the RHOCaR domain that was donated but points to my server).

can i mail bomb the boyz into submission?

No-one's gonna mail bomb anybody. It's just Westfields Rock On being a nunney........again.........

As for the have we lost it/has it been nicked question, the fact remains that the RHOC have a long history of messing with WSCC property at Stoneleigh, so you have brought suspicion on yourselves, by your own actions of previous years. Perhaps Mat D Rat should remind his members that such actions can potentially bring the good name of the RHOC in to disrepute, especially if something untoward should happen.......... in the same way that Westfields Rock On brings our Club name in to disrepute by making stupid, but potentially dangerous threats. I hope he apologises, and deletes his posting.

Swannys points about it being unlikeley to be nicked in broad daylight, with witnesses etc, is laughable. If two guys turn up, who look like they know what they're doing, who's gonna question them? Only the person who should be taking care of it. If he/they weren't around at the time (and lets face it, at Stoneleigh, we all kind of expect fellow kit car owners to behave honourably and not nick our stuff when we aren't stood next to our cars), then no-ones gonna say squat.

Alternatively, if it's been lost, then I'm sure those responsible for losing it will do the decent thing and bring it to our attention at their earliest convenience, so we can get on with enjoying our Clubs, our web sites, and our cars.

I'll get me coat.....b******* I can't someones nicked it.

THE END

(except all its cost anyone other than me and the Northants guys is their lesiure time on the boardroom)

Just for the records it is not *my* club, I just run an unofficial website for it (which is kind of official, but I am not invloved in the running of the club).

As a Committee Member of the Robin Hood Owners Club and Register, may I state for the record that if it is found that one of our Members is responsible for the removal of your Club banner at the recent Stoneleigh Show we will find out and you will have it returned with a proper apology.

I would add, however that I am quite certain that this will not be the case, I feel sure that I would have heard of such a prank, and I have not thus far.

In the mean time, unless you have proof of your accusations towards our Club, may I respectfully ask that there is a stop put on further speculation before good natured cross Marque banter becomes soured by the few who seem intent on pointing their unfounded accusations our way.

I trust that if your Banner does turn up in the back of one of your members cars you will have the good grace to make your apologies to our Club with an energy equal to that of the accusations of some of your members.

Like Mat, I do not recall any mention in any copy of our Club Mag relating to the 'Taking of Trophies' and I would not begin to condone such actions - it is THEFT - period.

For your info - there is a mention, in an earlier posting, of your Banner being seen at approx 3pm on the Monday - at this time, virtually every one of the RHOCaR members at the Show would have been on our Club Area for the announcement of prizewinners of a big competition held that day, this 'ceremony' went on for some considerable time.

If I can be of any assistance in resolving the Banner situation please contact me at mick@rhocar.org.uk and I will do my level best to help.

Sincere Best Regards

Mick Mellors

RHOCaR Events and Promotions Secretary