• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Fuel Blockade

Muttleys V8

It's TAX that's the problem.

The Government can keep prices stable they just don't want to as it would cost them too much in lost revenue!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• S8ight

• JonnyBoy

• Muttleys V8

• Martin Keene

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite clear that what we really need is a full-on revolution  :t-up:

Guess which fat w**ker with two luxury cars would be my choice of the first one against the wall !!   :devil:  :devil:  :angry:    Closely followed by any unnecessary civil servants, i.e. about half of them.

Sadly government in the UK (and, I suspect, a lot of other countries) is no longer there to serve the people.  It stopped doing that a long time ago.  Our voices are unwelcome and unheeded and apathy goes a long way to making sure the public never actually does anything to fight back.

/doom and gloom

Just filled me car with cooking oil.....doesn't work but it smells great.....Like er,egg & chips

if you have a deisel car and pre heat the oil before its injected it will work. If you own a pub or a chippy.. you're made

you have to pay tax on it, it is reduced over deisel but its a voluntary tax payment.. i.e. you have to send it to the gov...how will they know!

p******** meself. Have you ever actually been to London? :p:D

traffic moves nice and slow so it wouldnt take much to bring it to a stand still  ;)

if its the governments fault, admittedley its mostly theirs, why has the shell garage i use put the prices up once a week for three weeks on the run ?

i could rant all night on this one  ;)

if its the governments fault, admittedley its mostly theirs, why has the shell garage i use put the prices up once a week for three weeks on the run ?

Because...

If any petrol company puts up their prices now as a result of the terror attacks in Saudi are just 'making hay while the sun shines'.

Any excuse to make more money...and shovel the blame elsewhere... :(

I've posted it elsewhere - but the UK has one of the cheapest fuel prices in europe  ;)  :D  ;)  :D until the tax is added  ;)  ;)  :D we are an oil producing country

UK petrol prices are nowt to do with crude barrel prices OPEC rulings, terrorist threat ........... nothing but to make a quick pound from us ;)  ;)

Taxing fuel is any governments easiest form of generating huge funds that they can waste ............... rather than spend on whats needed .......... health service, public transport or roads etc :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :arse:

How can countries such as US and Aus have such cheap petrol compared to us  :D  :(  ;)  even the French fuel is cheaper  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

It's quite clear that what we really need is a full-on revolution  :t-up:

absolutely if everyone had egg & chips the amount of oil left over in the chip pan would run the car as far as the pub, job done !!!!! :D

Just don't spoil our weekend on the coast to coast ok?

AFAIK, they'll be bringing in the troops to break any blockade, and quite frankly the only way to stop them charging high fuel prices is to take the bus, and not buy the stuff.

There's an e-mail going round asking people to boycott BP and Esso.   Selective boycotting like that, if enough of us do it, will hurt them more than emptying every fuel pump, and screwing it up for joe public IMHO.

I want to get to work (well, OK perhaps not), and my work also relies on fuel for distribution of the finished product.   The fuel blockade simply hurts the wrong people, so I'm dead against it.

Wasn't it undemocratic industrial action that F***ed us in the 70's?   Want that again?

I'd rather they took action against speed cameras, speed bumps etc etc.

Attacking fuel tax is fairly pointless unless a business and a large part of your cost.  For the average punter they will simply take from elsewhere to balance the books.

so, lost revenue from reducing fuel tax comes from where?

revenue generated from gatso's?? stop installing more cameras and subsidy the fuel tax with this money!

however you look at it.. they will still bleed the money out of us.. put it on fags I say.... or charge poll tax to all the immigrants awaiting status

Blockade the ports and stop the foriegn drivers coming over here, that's what the frogs do and it seems to work for them.

Also as the government works for the public (i.e. us) then like any worker in a normal company that does not perform their job satisfactorily the get the sack. So let sack the government.

Also as the government works for the public (i.e. us) then like any worker in a normal company that does not perform their job satisfactorily the get the sack. So let sack the government.

Ding.  If they were running a business it would be bankrupt within weeks.  While I hate performance targets there's a lot to be said for people being appraised as they go along and the problem with out current method of government is that our voices are unheard.  It's too easy for them to hide behind some statistics or report and say "look, this is what Joe Public wants" or "it's for your own good".  Stop nannying us and interfering and basically start doing something constructive.  Otherwise yes, sack the lot of them.

That is a great plan and I'm all up for it... the problem is you need someone electable to replace them with!!!

Tories have already said they'll cut taxes and as we know from the last time they were in... cut in taxes = cut in spending on public services...  :bangshead:

Rock and a Hard Place... Frying Pan and Fire... Devil and Deep Blue Sea... etc  :down:  :bangshead: