Keevil 7th June

Nick.Petty

After my last noise test failure, not likely :(

Need to get my silencer sorted first.

Unless you're offering to share your car Nick? :)

Andy

Didn't think so somehow... :(

You going then?

Andy

I'm gonna do what I did last time, keep an eye on the weather and just turn up without booking, try the noise test and then pay/play on the day if I pass.

Am still a tad worried about the last set of noise test results being on the low side for some people/high side for others  etc etc so don't want to pay in advance/trailer the car up etc only to fail the noise test. If it passes again this time I will be more convinced!

If all else fails I get a good blat across Salisbury plain for free.

Nick

I'm gonna do what I did last time, keep an eye on the weather and just turn up without booking, try the noise test and then pay/play on the day if I pass.

Am still a tad worried about the last set of noise test results being on the low side for some people/high side for others  etc etc so don't want to pay in advance/trailer the car up etc only to fail the noise test. If it passes again this time I will be more convinced!

If all else fails I get a good blat across Salisbury plain for free.

Trailer?

That's not a bad plan actually. If I've still got holiday free (and work are willing) maybe I'll do the same?

Ah, the wife is giving me 'that' look....perhaps not...

:down:

Andy

Go on go on go on go on go on go on go on .... :D

Regarding the trailer ..I've got a chap up the road who will hire me a twin axle trailer for £35 for the day so when I get fully convinced that the car is under the 100dbs limit on a regular basis, I am going to start using the trailer, taking extra fuel/tyres etc and doing the track day thing properly. I'd much rather tow the Westy and enjoy tin top comforts to and from the track. My blade is doing about 7,000 rpm at motorway speeds and it gets a bit tiresome!

Plus it's nice to have a fall back if the Westy blows up/gets bent (god forbid) on the track ....

Might see you there then ..... :D  :D ....waits for SWMBO Hawkins to hijack thread ........  :D  :D  :p  :p  :D

I'm with you on the trailer. Unfortunately I'd probably need to pick one up the night before the track day and return the morning after. As a result, that's at least 2 day hire, and more time off work :(

I'm considering doing Ty Croes on Anglesey in September. That'll definitely be a trailer job :)

I'll start being nice to the Welsh Wizard (and to be honest, the boss at work too :()

You considered Hullavington? Not much further from you than Keevil I don't suppose, and I think it's a more Westfield friendly track (more tight bends, much more involving).

Andy

ah, my chap lets me pick up in the evening ..... have it all the next day and return the following morning and only charges me a day!

I do like Hullavington, have only driven it in an Elise so far (got 'spin of the day' on that fast right hander before the pit complex) but will take the Westy up there soon. The next available one was fully booked though, so Keevil it had to be. Will probably make Hullavington the next time around.

Nick

I'll be at Keevil on the 7th.  I doubt the car will be going too quick as I am letting the father-in-law drive as a birthday present    Will hopefully get a few sessions in for myself during the day :)

So far the weather forecast is looking OK for Monday  :)  :)

I know our AO is thinking of trying to get another large group onto one of MSEs days later in the year. Perhaps we should try to get a load of us at Hullavington this time?

Unfortunately due to the rather disappointing turnout at our 'Westfield only' day last month, MSE won't let us have an exclusive day again this year (which to be honest is fair enough). However, that doesn't stop us descending en-masse on one day that we pre-arrange...

I'll mention it to Tony next time I speak to him.

Andy

I'm considering doing Ty Croes on Anglesey in September. That'll definitely be a trailer job

Why? :cool:

Given the weather that we're likely to get in September, I don't relish a 4 or 5 hour drive (each way) in the pouring rain in the Westfield! :)

Andy

Seems like a good idea, I may do that :D  :D  :D  :D

I look forward to having a dice then - have new Petty strut in place so can't take passengers this time, so with weight saved I may now be able to keep up with you ...... :p  :D  :p  :bangshead:  :bangshead: