• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

momo style wheel

catflap

At the stoneleigh kit car show I saw a few cars that had the momo style steering wheels fitted , (the 3 bolt type),  Can someone point me in the direction of where I can get a boss to fit one.

Westfield don’t sell them (I just called)

The Catering van one don’t fit (just been to demon tweaks to check)

Another option is to use the Catering van one, and drill out the spline hole and get it re cut to mate the allegro column, is this possible?(seems like a lot of work, and i dont know who can do it. Or to drill and fix in the existing section from my boss into the catering van boss (could be messy :( )

I don’t really want to goto a snap off, I don’t want to spend a hundred pounds if a billet piece of alloy will do the job for a fifth of that cost.

Thanks all

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Catflap

Like this I guess..?146.jpeg

Sorry Cat, I can't be anymore help, but thought an illustration might help clarify!

Mines on a q/r boss, but as you can see has 3 holes.

As you can also see is well used  ;)  so I guess things maybe different now..???

Thanks Chris

That’s what I have, but I want to fit that without a quick release, read original post for the ideas I have for fitting, none perfect L

I am sure I saw a few cars with a 3 hole boss

Pics attached of Mrs flap glamorously modelling the new wheel

?id=501211&outx=600&oq=0

?id=501212&outx=600&oq=0

?id=501213&outx=600&oq=0

?id=501257&outx=600&oq=0

I thought Mrs Flappy Cats name was Alison not Ellsie  :D  :D  :blush:  :devil:  :blush:  :devil:  :D

TAXI  :)  :devil:  :D

Well, for what it's worth, I bought my boss from Westfield when I bought the kit back in 1996.  Maybe they just stopped getting them made ??  It was a cast aluminium thing with splines that fitted the Allaggro column.

Demon Thieves or SPA Race Tech perhaps - if they make them for Q/R systems there must surely be an equivalent for permanently fixed.

I got my SPA system from Westfield about 1994 (ish)  :D  :D

been up deamon tweeks today, they dont have anything, well they have Quick relaes, but i dont want one of them (its a last resort)

Catflap

Rally design do adaptors to fit motolita/mountney wheels to the 3 bolt quick release coupling you may be able to use it the opposite way around,give them a ring

Part numbers RD 8605   £9.50

RD8606   £9.50

www.raldes.co.uk

01795 531871

Cheers

Peter

the old boss will then stick out over the new wheel loads :(  its an idea for a temp fix but will look naff :(