TEN OF THE BEST III

RS WST

RS

Yep, up for this one. Have you found out how they score it ?

Cheers

Nick

The base car needs to be able to reach something in the region of 200mph (aka Nissans finest Skyline)- what the hell are you gong to use? :D  :D  :D

RS

Cheers

Nick

The base car needs to be able to reach something in the region of 200mph (aka Nissans finest Skyline)- what the hell are you gong to use? :D  :D  :D

Luke reckons his Dutton should be quick enough, so we entered that  :D  :D  :D  It's got to be quicker than a 1600 Pinto  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

RS

Cheers

Nick

Luke reckons his Dutton should be quick enough, so we entered that  :D  :D  :D  It's got to be quicker than a 1600 Pinto  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

think i'll take me Almera then - could do wiv an easy win! ps no comments about rocks and wheels please - wheels are supposed to be round but if its rolls and keeps air in - it'll do for now!

Watch out for my buddy, Steve Tate from Leeds with his NO2 augmented supercharged V8 Red Ultima  :p  :p

Will see you there...we will be the ones with the pyramid of stella cans behind the Silver Volvo V70!! Come n say hello :t-up:

I quite fancy this myself, anybody else going for sure ???

Andy,

Myself and Craig are most likely going up tommorrow, probabbly setting off late morning (11:30 ish) from M/cr / Oldham area

Yup, there was a Megabusa with TTS supercharger and NOS.

Looked and sounded awesome  :cool:

Strangely, I cant find the results anywhere on't tinternet yet!  :(

What a day. Never seen so many monstrous cars in one place.

Was at a wedding in cumbria till 1.30am, left my hotel at 3 to travel to TOTB.

Finally arrived and got sorted.

With brand new tyres and the NOS setup but not even tested(now pushing 331 BHP at the rear wheels), thought it would be a good idea to scrub the tyres and test the NOS on the handling circut. Car flew off the line and didn't manage to stay within the cones on the first bend, wow the nitrous gives the car a kick, managed to get round the rest of the sighting lap ok then tried again with the nitrous and managed to stay on track this time and get a time of 40 seconds.

Then went on to the 1/4 mile strip to test the nitrous,

Car lit up on the line for a couple of seconds while I gave a Skyline a hefty head start then whoosh Skyline was about 1/3 of the track behind. Nitrous is wonderfuel. Time was 11.58 with a nightmare start.

After the first 1/4 mile, had the camera guys wanting to film my car up the strip, so obliged but wished I hadn't. Lit up the car on the line as usual then as I wnet for second it went into neutral and a f word came out rather loud. Then 3/4 up the track the nitrous runs out. oh b*******.

After this day turned into pain in the

. :arse: Tried refilling the nitrous bottle, but scales had bust in back of jeep during transport, and refills were not working as we found out on the next 4 runs just kept getting fuel flooding. Tried to get a professional refiller to refill the bottle, but he had no joy due to the connectors on my bottle.

So what last ditch effort saw us gaffer tape the big Refueling Nitrous bottle into the passanger footwell. Still no joy so it was the big bottle that was where the problem was.

With time running out managed to get 1 go on the handling circuit without nitrous and put in a time of 39.33 to take the RWD Handling Trophy.

Was an excellent Day, Don't think its worth putting a team together for next year though unless we can get enough westies running shed loads of Nitrous. I will be going back next year with a traction control system and about 200BHP shot of Ntrous if I can make the engine strong enough.

Would be good to organise a TOTB Kit Car Competition though.

Here are the official Results from the www.crash.net website

Redline TOTB 3 Results

Rocket Ron Does It Again!

The one and only Rocket Ronnie has carved his name into the tarmac of history by being crowned Redline Ten of the Best Champion for the third time. The amazing hat trick was achieved on Sunday at Elvington Aerodrome amongst a plethora of incredibly high-powered cars and skilled drivers. Once again Ron proved his worth as the complete all rounder, coming 2nd overall in both the ¼ mile and top speed disciplines and ranking 5th out on the handling circuit with his very first lap of the day for a total of 24 points. Ron's full weight, genuine road car, modified by Abbey Motorsport, clocked 192.4mph on the top speed run and ran a quarter mile time of 10.33 @ 120 mph. A great result for a true champion.

Full feature and pictures coming soon.

1. 1/4m Class Winner FWD – ANDY NICHOLLS AET TURBOS 12.08s 121MPH

2. 1/4m Class Winner RWD- DEE IRELAND CALDER RACING 10.84s 130MPH

3. 1/4m Class Winner 4WD- CLIVE REDDON RC DEVELOPMENTS 10.32s 134MPH

4. Handling -Class Winner FWD- JIM BASFORD 42.37s

5. Handling -Class Winner RWD- STEVE WILSON 39.33s

6. Handling -Class Winner 4WD- JASON HULBERT 37.43s

7. Top Speed Class Winner FWD- ANDY ROBINSON 171.8MPH

8. Top Speed Class Winner RWD- DEE IRELAND CALDER RACING 201.3MPH

9. Top Speed Class Winner 4WD-ROCKET RONNIE 192.4MPH

All the above are decided at the end of qualifying 3.30pm apart from handling which closed at 3.15pm.

Redline TOTB 3 Top Speed Champion – DEE IRELAND-CALDER RACING SUPRA-201.3MPH

(Awarded to the highest overall top speed achieved in Qualifying.)

Shootouts 4pm onwards

Redline TOTB 3 Handling Shootout Winner – GARY NUTTALL CPP DEVELOPMENTS EVO 37.08s

Redline TOTB 3 1/4m Drag Shootout Winner - RON KIDELL R32 SKYLINE

Redline TOTB 3 Team Award Winners GTR REGISTER 59 Points

Runners up MLR 42 Points

3RD Place SUPRA'S 22 Points

Redline TOTB 3 Overall Champion

ROCKET RONNIE SKYLINE R33 GTR 24 POINTS IN TOTAL

(2ND OVERALL DRAG, 2ND OVERALL TOP SPEED, 5TH OVERALL HANDLING)

Crash.Net FASTEST 1/4M OF THE DAY AWARD

CLIVE SEDDON RC DEVELOPMENTS

Japanese Performance Magazine

1. Fastest Japanese Car 1/4m CLIVE SEDDON RC DEVELOPMENTS 10.32s

2. Highest Top Speed for Japanese Car DEE IRELAND CALDER RACING 201.3MPH

3. Quickest Lap Japanese Car GARY NUTTALL CPP DEVELOPMENTS 37.08s

ERL Aquamist Water Injection Systems Fastest Car

NADINE GEARY DODGE VIPER 172.9mph

AET TURBO'S LTD

1/4M CLASS WINNERS –PRIZES- E-BOOST ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLERS

FWD ANDY NICHOLLS RWD DEE IRELAND 4WD CLIVE SEDDON

1/4M FASTEST NON TUNER ENTRY- PRIZES £250 VOUCHER TOWARDS AET PRODUCTS

FWD STEVE NICHOLLS RWD JOHN MORGAN 4WD ROCKET RONNIE

TURBO DYNAMICS LTD TROPHIES FOR FASTEST CAR IN CLASS USING TD TURBO'S

FWD BARBZ SHEIKH FIAT COUPE TURBO

RWD NIGEL PEGG SKYLINE R34 GTT

4WD ADRIAN SMITH FENSPORT CORROLLA

Well Done Steve, you looked very professional amongst the forest of Burberry Caps!!

Seriosly awesome watchin you launch on the handling course, and the way your wheels got some air on the jump in the first 100 yards or so.

Some of those Fiat Coupes are seriously quick arent they?

My buddy Steve in the Red Ultima had gear shift problems, like he could only get up to third gear in the quarter, which slowed him considerably......we had to leave mid afternoon so missed the final runs.....

Paul Jackson with the Green/ Yellow westy with 400 bhp Cossie Turbo parked opposite you, is talking of entering next year, so there maybe more westies there.....