Olivers.....

I.S.M

Not actually true, trust me.......  

:zzz:  :suspect: it is if I had a x-flow before with 120bhp & now have virtually the same car with 180bhp, it would be quicker.....yes? ;) Not necesarrily around corners but out of them & on the straights  :cool:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike dB

• Rob Navin

• barney

• Blatman

Top Posters In This Topic

so it obviously asolutely nothing to do with driver mass.

Say's ACW, 15 and a half....................stone..............  :0  :0  :0  :D:D:D:D

High cornering force, or massive acceleration tractor pulling styleeeeee

Good grip, front arb action, and soft rear springs is what's doing it, I reckon......

Half points for Blatters on this one.

The above is true but there has been another issue with drop on the front which is being rectified before Knockhill.

I agree with Mike, I was not using all of the track or driving the car as well as I should have been  :blush:

I was however trying to replace the steering wheel that I had not put back on properly  :down:  :down:  :down:   But I still managed to put in a 47.19 on that run even though I only reached 88mph rather than 99mph into Mere hairpin.  :(

Tommo I did win the first day but I drew the Sunday event with John Thackery who posted the same time as me.  After speaking to Steve Robbinson we will both be sharing the win and will both be getting 12 points.

Once again Top efforts to Mike Ashton on some top quality pictures   :D

Considerings Rob's displacement, I'm quite impressed, actually........  :devil:  :0  :D

Oi leave it  :devil:

When I first saw the problem I rang Trev at Tranzpower who looks after the car and told him I was lifting a rear drivers side wheel by mistake.  :durr:  :durr:

Trev is now recovering well after a nasty fall off his chair  ;)   the doctors said it was lucky he was laughing so much at the time or his injuries could have been a lot worse  :D  :D  :D  :D

What the picture doesnt show is the ensuing powerslide which takes the car up to the bank on the cars nearside :p  :p

thus taking a clean line letting the car use all the road with the back end out under power.... :t-up:

Rob did that sound at all convincing ..... :D  :D  :D

BTW this is also the car and driver who was 5.26 seconds faster up olivers this year compared to last... :p

now thats impressive  :0  :0  :0

Rubble

ps is it right Trevs had to up his medication ?

Rob did that sound at all convincing ..... :D  :D  :D

Not realy mate  :down:

But thanks for trying  :D  :D  :D

The doctor has told Trev to double his medication, not sure why  :oops:

this is also the car and driver who was 5.26 seconds faster up olivers this year compared to last...  

now thats impressive  

Oh yes........

I agree with Mike, I was not using all of the track or driving the car as well as I should have been  :blush:

Hee, hee.  Try harder next time Mr Navin or I'll show you how it's doen properly! ;):p

Now you wouldn't want that now would you!!  :p  :devil:  :durr:  :blush:  :oops:  :arse:  :down:  :blues:  :zzz:  :t-up:  ???

:D:D:D:D

Bring it on Mike !!!

You would be just another 16 valve modern car for my old cortina powered thing to beat :p:p:p

Just out of intrest what torque are you making out of the Zetec ?  And is it a 2lt.

My gauntlet is FIRMLY thrown into the Navin Camp on this one :D  :0

Sorry Mike but that thing is awesome  :0  :0

And the xflow doesn't go too bad either :D

there will be quite a few x/flows at curborough for the wscc event and also there for the saturday fun /practise ,perhaps it would be interesting to see how mikedb's superior power and torque stacks up on the track? especially if he is running on list 1a tyres.

:D:D:D:D

Bring it on Mike !!!

You would be just another 16 valve modern car for my old cortina powered thing to beat :p:p:p

Just out of intrest what torque are you making out of the Zetec ?  And is it a 2lt.

It is a 2l yarh & torque about 156 I think more than your x-flow anyway ;):p:):D  :devil:  :durr:

Jeez, you lot take this all so seriously I thought it was meant to be FUN!  :angry:  :devil:  :t-up:  ;)  :cool:  :love:  :p

there will be quite a few x/flows at curborough for the wscc event and also there for the saturday fun /practise ,perhaps it would be interesting to see how mikedb's superior power and torque stacks up on the track? especially if he is running on list 1a tyres.

It's running on cracked front tyres that need replacing (after elvingoon) & as I said I am only taking the Michael out of Sir Navin, I just like leg pulling...........  :durr:  :blush:  :oops:

I don't even know what 1a tyres are for a start, I'll be getting Toyo T1-S on 15s soon.  None of this 13" 'rubbish', 15s for REAL men! haha

Well I think I'm going to support Mike dB on this and could supply a 'suitable' engine and some Curborough course notes !

Yah boo Nob Ravin and Scrot Bland

You'll never win  :p  :D

I guess it needs sending back to MASS with another blank cheque  :sheep:

Wouldn't you be better putting a real engine in it instead?

:0

Andy