• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Well pissed off....

chrisbin

Journey home tonight, through the lanes, can see roof top of car approaching waayyyyy too fast...Pull over to side and wait.

Sure enough, round the corner comes a red Micra, 4 teenagers, wrong side of road. See me, brake, lock-up, skid straight into me and bank. Crumple bumper, wing, edge of bonnet..... I get out, as do 3 passengers. Driver tries to get Micra out of ditch, succeeds. Reverses recklessly back up lane and manages to stuff it in hedge/bank again. Joins mates and runs off across field.

I'm left feeling grateful it was only metal that was hurt (girl on horse just about to come out on road - doesn't bear thinking about), but wondering should I have done more. But you never know what you might get involved with if you tackle them....besides, what do you do with them while waiting for Police.....

Police turn up 1 hour later.......

But they have caught 3 of them, including driver.

Gave statement, positive ID - coppers well chuffed.

Just up to the Courts now. No real help to me as car will no doubt be uninsured, was definitely not taxed, and probably stolen (not confirmed yet).

Problem is that damage might yet mean my car is written off I reckon - W reg 523i...........we shall see......all depends what damage under the surface.....

Like my wife said, what else can go wrong....... :(  :(

Like my b-in-law says, serves me right for not going to the pub with him..... :0  ;)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chrisbin

• perksy

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

• Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

I'm left feeling grateful it was only metal that was hurt (girl on horse just about to come out on road - doesn't bear thinking about), but wondering should I have done more.

or you could have been in a Westy... just as scary. :down:

I'm left feeling grateful it was only metal that was hurt (girl on horse just about to come out on road - doesn't bear thinking about), but wondering should I have done more.

or you could have been in a Westy... just as scary. :down:

You're right, that thought did cross my mind at the time..... :down:  :down:

Bad luck Chris  :down:  :down:  :angry:  :angry:

I'm sure we can all take comfort in the likelihood that the courts will deal with them severely - probably will give them at least 10 days community service and a fine that will be paid by social security.

David

And a Couple of Trips Go-Karting  :angry:

Birch 'em i Say, The Authorities nunney Foot with these Dickheads...

I Had a Car nicked Once and When it was Recovered there was Blood in the Drivers Footwell where

Cont'

They'd Cut Themselves Getting the Ariel Out.

Should of Bled To Death b******ds.... :bangshead:

Sorry, Rant Now Over....

One Subject that Gets Me Going I'm Afraid  :angry:        

It's Always the Poor Bloke Or Woman Coming the Other Way That Gets Hurt.

If Chrisbin Had Been in His Westy Who Knows What Might Have Happened....

Like i Said, Birch 'em

Just remembered that a few years ago an uninsured, umtaxed,unMoT'ed, but not stolen Astra drove into the back of me at a roundabout. Plod was sat in an adjacent layby and became very interested,,, I was driving a G Wagen which had a Nato tow hook as well as a normal 50mm ball. Got a few dinks on the bumper. The Astra ended up two feet shorter.

He got a £250 fine and nine points. Plus the Astra was no use to anybody... certain justice there. There is an insurance fund which will pay for your repairs - funded by everybody that does actually bother to insure their car. I have to disagree with the birch though. That's just wimping out. Let's start the bidding at red hot pokers :devil:

b@stards...  :down:

I'm with felters, there is a fund that should pay for the damage to your car in the event of being hit by an uninsured driver. I can't remember where I read about it now though, but your insurance company should be v.helpful... after all they don't want to pay for somebody else's lack of morals

You guys have got it all wrong   :0

For the first offence.....chop off their right hand  :D

For the second offence..chop off their left hand  :D

If they do it again.........chop off their head   :t-up:

They wont offend again after that  :devil:

Not sure about amputation, a few broken limbs might suffice for a 1st offence, maybe some public humiliation, I'm sure if were brought back the stocks it would make better watching than most of the S*** on the TV.:d:D:D