• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Rabbits

oldman

If a rabbit runs into the road in front of your car whilst driving do you .....

Brake,

Swerve,

Do nowt,

Aim for it,

Close yer eyes,

Check if its got mixywotsit

Or check if its got a hare lip(ignore this line,got carried away) ???

Depends which car I was in. If it were the Focus I'd just carry on. However, after seeing the damage a flightless bird (that I taught to fly very briefly) did when it hit the Focus, I don't want anything above the size of a small mouse hitting the Westfield!

Getting splashed with water I can handle, not sure I want to drive home 'wearing' the remains of some little furry animal :devil:

Andy

Do nowt - if they were too daft to learn the green cross code when they were ickle baby rabbits then that's their outlook...

Partridges get the same treatment - best tally was two under the front left wishbone and one under the right one  :devil:

Rabbit Facts :D

When I leave for work in the morning there are loads of the little B**gers in the lane.

They run in front of the car (in the same direction), and Ive clocked one rabbit at over 20mph.  :D  :D

The Pheasants are pretty nippy to, but tend to run towards the car :D

Rob

Hi

That reminds me of the time I was taking my son to a cycle race, with three bikes on the roofrack.

Speeding down the dual carriage way in wolverhampton at about 90mph, saw a flock of seagulls in the road ahead .

They obviously didnt see the bikes and took off just high enough to clear the roof of my Mercedes.

bl**** hell, feathers everywere :D  :D  :D

One chap was stuck in the forks, boy was he p****d off with me when I stopped to clear the debris  :D  :D  :D

Rob

If a rabbit runs into the road in front of your car whilst driving do you .....

Brake,

Swerve,

Do nowt,

Aim for it,

Close yer eyes,

Check if its got mixywotsit

Or check if its got a hare lip(ignore this line,got carried away) <!--emo&???

You swerve. Because you were travelling too fast you immediately begin to skid. Luckily you're alone, at night on an unlit road, so you're not going to wake anyone up. You try to correct by opposite lock. You achieve momentary relief as you now have partial control. Then you touch the kerbstone on the other side of the road, the rear wheels bounce and it gets worse. Now you have no chance. So, with an involuntary, "f**k, this is going to...", your car bounces into the ditch, rolls, bounces out of the ditch. Luckily, you miss the telegraph pole by about 12inches. You roll twice more and come to rest on the passenger side, suspended only by your 3 point belt. Your Fiat Uno now looks like a pickup truck from just behind where your head was, luckily. Luckily, there's no fire and you're conscious. Luckily, your windows broken and the sole injury you suffer is a cut on your elbow from the broken window as you climb out. Luckily, there's a passing farmer, he and his wife don't mind you bleeding over their seats. Luckily, you're 21, in the navy and only 2 miles from the base, so, even though it's in the middle of the night, you have immediate medical access. Luckily,  you're in shock, so you can't stop laughing about it.

Luckily, I learnt from that...reluctantly, next time the furry little f****r get mashed. :oops:

You swerve. Because you were travelling too fast you immediately begin to skid. Luckily you're alone, at night on an unlit road, so you're not going to wake anyone up. You try to correct by opposite lock. You achieve momentary relief as you now have partial control. Then you touch the kerbstone on the other side of the road, the rear wheels bounce and it gets worse. Now you have no chance. So, with an involuntary, "f**k, this is going to...", your car bounces into the ditch, rolls, bounces out of the ditch. Luckily, you miss the telegraph pole by about 12inches. You roll twice more and come to rest on the passenger side, suspended only by your 3 point belt. Your Fiat Uno now looks like a pickup truck from just behind where your head was, luckily. Luckily, there's no fire and you're conscious. Luckily, your windows broken and the sole injury you suffer is a cut on your elbow from the broken window as you climb out. Luckily, there's a passing farmer, he and his wife don't mind you bleeding over their seats. Luckily, you're 21, in the navy and only 2 miles from the base, so, even though it's in the middle of the night, you have immediate medical access. Luckily,  you're in shock, so you can't stop laughing about it.

Luckily, I learnt from that...reluctantly, next time the furry little f****r get mashed.  

EXCELLENT POST  :D  :D  :D  :D One of the best I have ever read ....keep up the good work. :D  :D

The front bumper of a L reg1.8 cavalier has a handy little tray for collecting bits of passing animals :D

had a pheasant walking across the road in front of me while im doing 70 in my GT. I position myself to manouver around it and the f***** thing takes of and flies into my windscreen.

if it was a rabbit standing on rear legs it would be just at the right height for my beasty chrome bumper. SPLATTO. so id speed up. :)

You do nothing and hopefully squise the little b*******s, or thats what the car in front of me should have done before i ran straight into the back of it. 17 years old just passed test mini 998cc dark country lane following a  vauxhall cavalier, and the next thing i know i'm in the back of it and my passenger smashed her head against the screen breaking it, lucklely she was ok, my car on the other hand was a write off.  I was fuming i wasn't driving close to the car in front and tried to stop but mini brakes aren't that great, i got out all shocked and shaken asked the woman driving the other car why she did a emergency stop on a perfectly clear road and she said she thought she saw a rabbit run out in front of her  :angry:

my mg midget had an underslung front number plate.  when i got home, having had  (what I thought was) a near miss with a rabbit, i looked at the front of the car to see that the front number plate had bent under the car.  bent it back and the rabbits head dropped out.  the little bu66er had been clean decapitated. :D:D

Going through a 30 limit and a dog shot out from between two parked cars straight under the front of the car.

Bump bump bump, as it went under the car with me doing an emergency stop, looked in rear view mirror expecting one dead dog to see it running into a nearby house!

Knocked on owner's door to see if mutt was ok, we found him seemingly ok apart from a sizeable deposit he had left on the middle of the cream lounge carpet.

Made my excuses and left rapidly :D

So much for lucky rabbit's feet :D:D:D

FWIW, at one time, if you hit a dog, you had, by law to report the fact as it was a licenced animal.   Not any more of course because they no longer have licences.

I personally would try to avoid hitting anything, but if I was tanking it, the poor little critters would have to take their chances.

They'd just have to become dinner for Skink (You have to read Carl Hiassen to make sense of that one).

Run rabbit,run rabbit,run run run.

Rabbit rabbit rabbit.

Ever seen a hare in the road?It looks like he's pulling his pants up as he  scoots off. :D