gt40

warren smith

But without wanting to make anyones chips wet  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  ;)

It was a GT40 replica i.e a kit car  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D and not an original - therefore did it undergoe SVA, cos I doubt very much if it would have passed in the state displayed  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :devil:  :devil:

It underwent a construction and safety check and was titled as suitable for road-going use  ???  ???  ;)  ;)  :D  But is it road legal ???

So maybe if anyone here does win it and doesn't want it - I'll take it off your hands   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  save you all the aggro  :D  :D  :D

Took a picture of this at Brands a week ago  :D  :D  :D

Number plate FGT 40

GT40.jpg

If you get yourself down to the Goodwood Revival meeting in September you will see at least four GT40s racing wheel to wheel with all the other machinary of the period.

It's awesome there is no other word for it.

At the Festival Of Speed you can get close enough to the cars to touch them, the year before last there were two 40's there, I got to sit in both (one with the engine running) and dream a little :love:  :love:

I've had a passion for the GT40 since reading old Motorsport Magazines from '64 to '70 when I was about 10 years old (still got them in fact)

Pitty the program didn't focus on the racing heritage of the cars more.

I thought the rockape with the hammer should have been castrated though!!!!!!!

What an animal.

Chaz.

I love GT40s & was gonna buy a replica before I ordered the XTR (till I got stitched at the last minute :angry:), they are just impossible to find at reasonable prices at the moment & they seem to get sold within days of going up for sale :(:( will definitely be my next car though :D:d

courtesy of J. Mays and Ford Motor Company,

the new GT40 will be available in LHD in the UK.....for a limited number, and only for those with enough reddies.

Probably cheaper to get a new one than an original though i guess

It underwent a construction and safety check and was titled as suitable for road-going use  ???  ???  ;)  ;)  :D  But is it road legal ???

Exactly what I thought.

I was waiting for them to mention the magic phrase "SVA"....but it never came.

Surely they would have to get it through before giving it to someone......????

Did you take the photo of the GT40 Shaun? if so what Camera/ film speed/settings did use? its very professional and looks fantaistic

Buzz :(